445: An Important Decision

It was impossible for Xuan Tian Ming to guess what Feng Yu Heng had brought out of her space, but based on the heat that came from behind him, he could make a rough estimate, "It's noodles, right? One with a soup."

Feng Yu Heng smiled and walked around to the front, "In truth, it's nothing grand. It's just a pork and scallion wonton soup with some noodles. The soup is very warming. Quickly eat." She handed him a spoon and chopsticks, saying: "In the future, if you don't eat with everyone else, you... can come and eat with me in my space!"

This was the first time that she had invited anyone into her space, and this was only because the other was her beloved. Feng Yu Heng did not know whether this decision was correct or incorrect, but she understood that Xuan Tian Ming was her most cherished person. She wanted for this man to eat a little better and to sleep a little better. She wanted for this man to share in her most unique secret. If there came a day when she found that she was wrong, she would need to accept that failure because of her feelings without complaint or regret.

Xuan Tian Ming felt that the heavens really treated him quite well. Just earlier, he had been thinking about how he should mention going into this girl's space. This girl had viewed her space as being extremely important. He feared that he would end up arousing her anger with a slip of the tongue; however, he did not think that without needing to say anything, she would take the initiative to bring it up. It was as though a pleasant surprise had hit him on the head. It caught him a little unprepared.

Feng Yu Heng saw him freeze and could not help but laugh, "Have you gone dumb? Get eating."

Xuan Tian Ming asked her blankly: "Will you really bring me in?"

She smiled and nodded, "Really."

"Then why did you not let me in before?" He asked the girl, "Back when we were working on steel in Xu Tian Cave, the conditions were very difficult. Why did you not think to bring me in with you?"

Feng Yu Heng did not know how to reply for a while. At that time, it was not that she did not think to bring Xuan Tian Ming into her space to rest, but she still had some reservations in her heart. After all, she was not from this era. The things inside her space did not belong to this era. Anything that was brought out was capable of shaking up the world. It would be best if she never allowed another person to enter that place, remaining a place that only she could enter.

But that was how people were. When it came to some secrets, the more one understood that nobody else must ever learn about it, the more one would want to share it with someone. This was a common psychological state among humans. Feng Yu Heng was also human, and she could not avoid this. She explained this reasoning to Xuan Tian Ming then told him: "Since it has been determined that there will be a person to share that place with me, Xuan Tian Ming, I hope that it will be you. It must be you!"

He laughed and reached out to pinch her face. The cheeks that had finally gained some roundness had become thin once more. He felt a little distressed. "If your space has an even better resting place, don't squeeze into this place to sleep. When you first came back to the capital, I saw you at the entrance to the city. After investigating, I found that you were the Feng family's second daughter that had been engaged to me at a young age. Heng Heng, you don't know just how lucky I felt at that time. First, I did not need to do anything in a roundabout manner like burning the Feng manor. Second, I did not need to do anything difficult like look for the girl that had treated my legs in the mountains of the Northwest. I know that the people of the Feng family are annoying, thus I knew that you would be unhappy with living there. That was why I gave you a manor. That manor is in a location that everyone in the capital covets. Right now, we are dealing with a disaster, and I do not have any ability to allow you to live more comfortably. Since you have a space, just go ahead and sleep more comfortably, at the very least."