491: Rainy Day and Father Wants to Receive a Person

An shi's words caused Feng Jin Yuan to become a little angry: "I will naturally make sure to make up for that amount of money later. It is unrelated to this matter."

An shi went against this crime and added: "But husband also took another Su Zhou embroidery three days ago, but he did pay at that time. Also, it just happened to be 200 taels. It was paid with banknotes." An shi was completely puzzled, "Husband, what are you buying so many celebratory embroideries for?"

The words celebratory embroideries caused everyone to freeze. The so-called celebratory embroideries were not just a single type of embroidery. Instead, they were things that could be used for joyous occasions. For example, during weddings, childbirths or when one succeeded in imperial examinations. Normally, the color and pattern would have a joyous scene, thus people would call them celebratory embroideries.

But the Feng family had been conducting a funeral over the past few days. What was Feng Jin Yuan buying celebratory embroideries for?

Everyone turned their gaze on Feng Jin Yuan. Cheng Jun Man was the fastest and was the first to say: "When mother was being moved, there was no Su Zhou embroidery in the new coffin. Is husband certain that those embroideries were bought for mother?"

Feng Zi Rui pondered while saying: "When I saw father leaving, the Su Zhou embroidery that he held was indeed red. Teacher said that red must not be used during a funeral. It's impossible that father does not even know this, thus they were not bought for grandmother."

With a young child exposing the matter, Feng Jin Yuan felt that he had lost even more face. He had that he could not find a crack to crawl into to hide from others. He hated even more that he could not strangle all of his wives and children.

In the end, he still valued his face. Seeing that he was about to lose control of the situation, he quickly shot a look to He Zhong to disperse the citizens standing in front of the entrance. He Zhong glanced at Feng Yu Heng. Seeing that she did not express anything, he led the family's retainers to disperse the crowd.

On one side, the servants were dispersing the crowd. On the other side, Feng Jin Yuan was negotiating with his second daughter: "If there is something to talk about, can we talk about it back in the manor?"

Feng Yu Heng glanced at him and asked: "Why did father not think to discuss the matter of the coffin earlier in the manor? You had to force this imperial daughter to pay that 600 taels in front of all those people?" Although she said this, she did not deliberately embarrass him any further. Instead, she turned around and entered the Feng manor, going straight in the direction of Peony courtyard. In regards to this father, she felt that she was about to lose that last bit of patience that remained. This person never knew how to stop before going too far. He also never knew what sort of person he could plot against and what sort he could not. Thinking back to when Feng Jin Yuan was given a government post after being the top-ranked scholar, who knew how much wealth the Yao family spent to help this mediocre person reach the prime minister's position.

Feng Jin Yuan followed closely behind her the entire time; however, he did not forget to fiercely glare at An shi a few times. A hatred within the family could not be shown to the outside world. Why was it that all of the problems in his family were all well-known?

As he remained puzzled after thinking it over many times, Fen Dai, who had been following further behind said to her personal servant: "When you get back, ask concubine mother. Did she receive any Su Zhou embroideries from father over the past few days."

The group of people finally returned to the main hall. Originally, this hall had been turned into a mourning hall. After the matriarch was moved to her coffin in the morning, the servants returned it to its original arrangement. Feng Yu Heng found her own spot and sat down. The people that followed her in also sat down.