488: The Foundation of a Happy Life

If this shout was heard by Feng Yu Heng, she would definitely look down on him for being too unprofessional. This Feng Jin Yuan did not even understand the logic of "quietly observing when noticing a problem." When this shout came out, the sound of footsteps came from the garden. Before he could react and investigate, the garden regained its quiet.

Feng Jin Yuan became doubtful and finally thought of going to take a look for himself, but after he arrived in the garden, he did not find anyone after passing by the rockery.

He felt a little uneasy and immediately called a servant, ordering: "Carefully search this area." He then increased his pace toward the front yard. After finding housekeeper He Zhong, he asked: "Were there any unfamiliar people that came by today?"

He Zhong nodded without thinking too much, "Last time, didn't master say to allow anyone that wished to mourn to come in? Because the people did not have very important backgrounds, the gatekeepers did not keep track of their names. They were allowed in as long as they gave a mourning gift."

During the funeral, people came and went, and Feng Jin Yuan understood this. But the words from earlier left him feeling a little off. He began to think to himself but was unable to figure anything out.

He Zhong saw that something was off and asked: "Master, was there an unsavory person that got in?"

Feng Jin Yuan waved his hand, "It's fine. The elder madam will be carried out tomorrow. Do not allow any more people in after dinner. Close the manor's gates."

"This servant will remember. Master, what if second young miss comes to this side during the night? She just went with the third young miss back to the coun... uh, imperial daughter's manor."

Feng Jin Yuan felt annoyed upon hearing Feng Yu Heng and imperial daughter, thus he simply waved his hand, "If she wants to come over, allow her in. I'm just saying that outsiders are not allowed in."

He Zhong nodded and quickly went to inform the gatekeepers. Feng Jin Yuan turned around and was about to head back toward the mourning hall; however, he saw Han shi walking over from the Peony courtyard's direction. He frowned and loudly asked: "Why have you come out? Wasn't it said that there is no need for you to come to this side because you are pregnant?"

Han shi's complexion was not too good. It was a little white, but Feng Jin Yuan did not suspect anything. He believed that if she came from the direction of Peony courtyard, she was definitely coming from the mourning hall. For a pregnant person that had gone to the mourning hall, having a poor complexion was normal. He currently attached great importance to the child in Han shi's belly. He quickly went forward to receive her and simply removed the cloak on his back and put it on Han shi's back. He then complained: "Why did you not bring a couple servants with you when coming out?"

Han shi was a little flustered and forced herself to calm down. Only then did she say: "This concubine was resting in my room the entire time, but I was worried about the elder madam, thus I came over to look. I will, I will be going back."

Feng Jin Yuan gently patted her shoulder and very intimately said: "I will escort you." After saying this, he personally helped Han shi back to Yu Lan courtyard. Looking down again, he found that there was some grass on Han shi's face. He frowned and personally leaned over to wipe off the grass. These intimate gestures caused Han shi's eyes to turn red with emotion, but the worry in her heart became even worse.

Inside the imperial daughter's manor, Feng Yu Heng was sitting at her desk. With a map of Da Shun in front of her, she placed the red pieces of paper on the map. While placing them, she said to the person at her side: "Ping Zhou, Gan Zhou and Xu Zhou, send people to these places to investigate immediately. Once the investigation has been completed, Qing Yu, immediately prepare to find people to open Hundred Herb Halls in these locations." She spoke while looking at Yao Xian: "Grandfather, you should have already made preparations for Huang Zhou's side, right?"