467: Connecting the Dots

"Third young miss, what's wrong?" Seeing that Xiang Rong stopped moving, the servant was curious and asked: "His Highness is in Han Hall, which is just ahead. Didn't third young miss have an urgent matter?"

Xiang Rong hesitated with her steps, and her expression became even worse. She hesitantly asked: "Han Hall? Is that where guests are received for banquets? The guest is... his Highness the fourth prince?"

The retainer nodded, "Third young miss has good ears. His Highness the fourth prince happened to receive an ancient sword and came to his Highness for an appraisal."

Xiang Rong felt her own teeth began to tremble. She clearly remembered that the fourth prince was formerly engaged to the Bu family's daughter. Although that daughter is no longer present, the relationship between the two families did not deteriorate. Instead, it had always maintained a certain degree of friendliness. Now that there were some abnormal changes in the capital, it was clear that they were related to Bu Cong. The fourth prince also happened to have come to the Yu Palace. What did this mean?

Her heart trembled. Could it be that it was a conspiracy?

"Third young miss?" The servant called to her, and his confusion became even more profound.

Xiang Rong was a little flustered, but she still forced herself to remain relatively calm. The wind was cold on this night, and she was wearing a thin outer garment made of cotton. She had a sudden epiphany and simply pointed at her own outer garment and said to the servant: "You're stronger. Rip off a piece from the bottom of this garment."

"Huh?" The servant was dazed and completely did not understand what sort of insanity had overcome this Feng family's third young miss. But seeing that Xiang Rong was insistent, he did not ask too much and could only do as instructed.

A corner of Xiang Rong's outer garment was torn off. Holding the piece of cloth in her hand, she hurriedly said: "Bring me to see his Highness."

When the two entered Han Hall, Xuan Tian Ming was holding the prized sword and carefully examining it. The servant arrived at his side and whispered a few words into his ear. Following this, the two princes turned their gazes on Xiang Rong.

Xiang Rong had never been as fearless as Feng Yu Heng. She had a weak temperament and was lacking in courage. Often times, she would still escape at the last moment despite having made all sorts of mental preparations.

Today, however, was different. Her mind was filled with images of the heavily armored fake patrols that were patrolling the streets. Those lanterns that were different from their usual shapes. There was also her second sister suddenly leaving the manor and leaving while riding a horse. That made it clear that she had gone somewhere far. Why had this all happened at the same time?

She gritted her teeth and walked forward. She kneeled in front of the two princes and said: "This humble girl, Feng Xiang Rong, greets your Highness Prince Ping and your Highness Prince Yu."

Xiang Rong's arrival caused both princes to feel a little surprised, but the surprise was more noticeable on the fourth prince's face compared to Xuan Tian Ming, who had a golden mask to cover his face. He looked over Xiang Rong and asked her with some curiosity: "Feng family's third young miss? What have you come here for?"

This girl Xiang Rong was said to be lacking in courage; however, she did have a bit of a temper. Otherwise, she would not have worked with An shi to perform in plays put on by Feng Yu Heng in front of the Feng family. Now that something had happened in the capital, she knew that it was going against her second sister and the ninth prince. She was already filled with a bit of fear, but now that she heard the fourth prince ask this question with some bad intentions, her anger surged forth. She immediately replied with an impolite tone: "His Highness the ninth prince is this humble girl's brother-in-law. For this humble girl to come to the Yu Palace, does Prince Ping find it to be odd?"