485: Xiang Rong's Reward

Following the Emperor saying "You can give your thanks" the prime minister and General Ping Nan both went forward and kneeled at Feng Yu Heng and Xuan Tian Ge's side. Both of them said in unison: "Thank you, your Majesty for your imperial grace." After this, Xuan Tian Ge said: "The Bai family does not have anyone in court, thus Tian Ge will personally make the trip to tell Fu Rong about this!" Seeing the Emperor nod, she stood up and smiled to Feng Yu Heng then turned and left Heavenly Hall.

Feng Yu Heng and the other two also stood up and returned to their own places. Xiang Rong was completely dazed from what she had heard. Only when her second sister walked back to her side did she recover. With just a few words from the Emperor, her second sister had been promoted from a standard second rank county princess to a lower first rank imperial daughter. The conferred lands had also been expanded from a small county to a larger one. Just how large was it? She heard that it was larger than the capital.

Heavens, this was truly something mythical!

Xiang Rong stood blankly in place, as her mind wandered wildly. As she thought more and more, she felt that the atmosphere seemed to be a bit off. It seemed as though everyone had turned their eyes on her, and someone was tugging at her sleeve.

She was startled and recovered mentally. She then heard someone quietly say: "What is going on with the Feng family's children? None of them can hear the Emperor calling them."

Feng Yu Heng also helplessly reminded her: "The Emperor is calling you."

Xiang Rong's calves tightened up once more, as she nervously asked Feng Yu Heng: "What should I do?"

Feng Yu Heng pointed at the middle of the hall, "Walk over there and kneel."

Xiang Rong nodded, as she practically floated over. Along the way, she even swayed a couple times, scaring Feng Yu Heng into nearly going over to support her.

The Emperor watched the Feng family's third daughter and roared to himself on the inside. With a damn girl like this, how did she manage to notice the chaos and report it? Was it possible for a person's genes to mutate at a time like this?

The Emperor looked at Xiang Rong with an inquisitive gaze. After waiting for Xiang Rong to kneel after swaying a bit more, he forcefully subdued his emotions and said: "During this past chaotic event in the capital, it was fortunate that we had the Feng family's third daughter, Feng Xiang Rong, who noticed it first and reported it in time, thus allowing us to avoid a man-made disaster. Feng Xiang Rong, I shall grant you one grace. What is it that you want?"

Xiang Rong was immediately dazed. Wasn't she kneeling there to hear what sort of reward she would receive? Shouldn't a grace be decided by the Emperor, and she just needed to give her thanks? Why was it that when it came to her... she was allowed to think for herself? What should she think?

Xiang Rong's thoughts were messy, and she subconsciously turned to Feng Yu Heng; however, her second sister was happily blinking at her, thus she felt even more lost.

Feng Yu Heng hated her lack of progress. Xiang Rong, oh Xiang Rong, this was a blank cheque. You just needed to write a number on it! You could have however much you wanted! Fuck, why are you still just kneeling there foolishly!

Unfortunately, no matter how anxious Feng Yu Heng felt, how could Xiang Rong understand what a blank cheque was. She was just feeling lost and confused. She did not even dare to raise her head.

The Emperor also became anxious from seeing this. He had heard before that this third daughter got along best with Feng Yu Heng, and she was also quite a good person, but she was a little bit of a coward. But wasn't this a little too extreme? Even if she did not dare ask for a grace, wouldn't one normally say a few words of courtesy? But this girl just continued to kneel there stupidly while fiddling with her fingers. This personality was too different from her second sister. Even compared to the other daughters of the Feng family, it was too different! Were they truly born from the same father?