426: Who Will Handle the Wages?

Once Xuan Tian Ming said this, some people immediately rushed over to Chen Yu and picked her up off the ground. Without worrying if she was conscious or unconscious, they dragged her along the ground and walked toward the palace's main gates. There were still some people that could not bear to watch this. After all, Chen Yu's face was too beautiful. It was so beautiful that it caused a large number of people to both forget and forgive all of the things that she had done.

Feng Chen Yu woke up while being dragged along. After glancing around the crowd, she immediately noticed their solemn expressions. She had always known how to make use of her own appearance. Even though she was in a terrible state, she was still able to cast a wink at the people that had pitied her because of her looks. This caused three people to immediately say in unison: "Wait, wait a moment!" Then, one of them spoke toward the hall and pleaded on her behalf, saying: "Perhaps eldest young miss Feng has been plotted against by someone. Please forgive her! She..."

Before he could even finish speaking, a figure suddenly rushed from inside the hall. Nobody could get a clear look, but they only saw that figure flick a whip right at the person that had pleaded for her forgiveness. In the blink of an eye, the person that had been speaking suddenly stopped. His mouth was opened, and a bloody tongue was ripped out immediately after by the whip.

That person passed away after losing his tongue. When he fell, the last thing he saw was a face covered by a gold mask.

"Is there anyone else who wishes to plead for Feng Chen Yu?" Xuan Tian Ming stood in the middle of the yard and looked around the crowd. The whip in his hand was still curled around that person's tongue.

The other two that had also been pleading had lowered their heads long ago. They no longer dared to say another word. Just a simple plea caused that person to lose his life. Someone recognized the person that had been whipped to death. It was actually a secondary-class second rank official. Everyone knew how much time and effort was required to climb to such a position. In the end, dying like this, was it not regrettable?

Feng Chen Yu was already dragged away, and the heartbreaking cries suddenly stopped. All that remained was the celebratory atmosphere that had cooled off. Princess Xiang took the initiative to stand in the yard and raise her voice, saying: "Today's matter is a great humiliation for my Xiang Palace. For the secondary princess being brought in to not have been inspected beforehand was my mistake as the official princess. I will naturally go into the imperial palace to beg for forgiveness from father Emperor. Would everyone please go back."

With an order for the guests to leave, nobody had any reason to remain. The third prince had already become furious, and the ninth prince had already begun killing people. If they continued to remain, they feared that there would be a bad outcome.

Everyone left, including the princes, who had returned to their own palaces. Yu Qian Yin tugged on Xuan Tian Hua's sleeve and said: "Seventh brother, let's go back too."

Xuan Tian Hua glanced at her but did not say anything; however, he began walking out. When passing by Xuan Tian Ming, he only said: "We will be going back first." Thus he left the Xiang Palace with Yu Qian Yin.

This was the first time that Feng Yu Heng had paid attention to Yu Qian Yin's parting figure. She always felt that it was a bit familiar; however, she was unable to understand where this familiarity came from.

At this time, the palace's granny also bid farewell and left. Princess Xiang glanced at Feng Yu Heng then turned to Feng Jin Yuan and said: "Having tarnished the imperial family's reputation, I will be going into the palace to beg for forgiveness. Lord Feng shouldn't be thinking of fleeing the battle, right?"

Feng Jin Yuan spoke with a solemn expression: "This prime minister will naturally be going into the palace along with princess." Although he said this, he had absolutely no grasp of this situation. He subconsciously turned his gaze to the Cheng shi sisters; however, those two did not look at him in the slightest. Instead, both were talking with Feng Yu Heng. There was nothing that Feng Jin Yuan could do aside from sigh and follow Princess Xiang out.