Epilogue x 2

A/N: Trigger Warning - Suicide

I own no rights to the story "Twist and Shout". This is just an alternative ending. A fanfiction of a fanfiction if you will.

Dean wandered into Cas' old room for the third time now, immediately leaving it again. He loitered at the door, biting his lip defiantly. It hurt him every single time he entered that room, but it didn't stop him from sleeping in that bed on the worst nights. He felt tears running down his face and realised he was crying, and he chewed on his bottom lip. He felt the skin flake away and tasted the copper on his tongue. He took a deep breath and entered the room again, his hand instinctively patting his pocket. He let his eyes wander around the dusty room, as he choked on his own tears, and his eyes eventually rested on the small record player. He sucked in his lips, trying to mask the sob that wracked his body. He slowly made his way to the record player of hell, and his shaking hand lifted the needle into place. Elvis leaked into every crevice of the room and he closed his eyes while he was serenaded by the lyrics.
...Can't help falling in love with you...
He squeezed his eyes shut, the tears falling faster as he sat down on the bed.
Shall I stay? Would it be a sin?
He lay back onto the pillow, which smelt like Cas' hair and his salty tears, curling on his side. He tried not to think about what he was about to do.
If I can't help falling in love with you?
He took deep controlled breaths as he tried to calm himself down enough to do it. He reached into his bulky pocket, hand shaking.
Like a river flows....
He closed his hand around the object.
Surely to the sea....
He pulled it out of his pocket.
Darling so it goes....
He set it down on the bed next to him and pulled out a piece of paper.
Some things are meant to be...
He quickly scribbled down a few lines and put it on the bedside table.
Take my hand... take my whole life too...
He picked up the gun again and set it to the bottom on his chin, finger shaking on the trigger.
For I can't help falling in love with you...
He took a deep breath and squeezed his finger tightly, setting it off.

Dear Cas,
See you then
Love Dean.