Drunk Dial (Supernatural)

He finished off the bottle, and opened another, his finger tapping her smiling picture again. "Hi, you've reached Jess-"
"And Sam!"
"Shh!! Leave a message, and we'll get back to you"
"If we're not busy".
He could hear her giggling, and swatting away his kisses. It had almost been a year. She was gone.
"Get off, you creep," she laughed and the beep sounded abruptly, cutting off her high pitched laughter. Tomorrow would be one year. He could hear his heart thumping loudly in his ears. He'd failed her, and now she was gone. One more time, he told himself. He dialled her number again, and it went straight to voicemail, without ringing.
"Hi, you've reached Jess-"
"And Sam!"
"Shh!! Leave a message, and we'll get back to you"
"If we're not busy".
It broke him every time, because he'd never hear that laugh again. He was never going to see her smile, or witness those beautiful eyes sparkle. Like the second coming. Something like God's grace. Once more.
"Hi, you've reached Jess-". Sam hung up, and redialled.
"Hi, you've reached-" He grunted, and took a swig of his whiskey. He relished the burn.
"Hi, you've reached J-". He couldn't save her.
"Hi, you've-". No matter how hard he tried.
"Hi, you've rea-". He couldn't.
"Hi, you-". Stupid.
"Hi, y-". Stupid, useless, idiot.
"Hi, you've reached Jess-". The clock struck midnight, somewhere in the back of his mind, and he drank again. He rang her number again, but this time, an automated and very male voice mocked him.

"Hello, the number you have dialled is not connected. Please check the number, and try again".

A/N: Just a quick angst to keep you on your toes xx