Like a Kid in a Candy Store (Sabriel)

Sam couldn't believe this. He couldn't believe his nerve. "Why are you here, Gabe?" he asked, as soon as Dean left the room. The previous trickster looked up from the dusty book he was pretending to read.

"Well, I'm reading up on the rougarou, don't you mooks need help?"

"No, I mean what are you doing here? I thought we were finished," he glared pointedly, and Gabriel sighed. He quickly took the excuse to close the book, laying it none too gently on the table.

"You know I'm not good with explaining things, right?" he sighed, staring at a crinkled candy wrapper. He bit his lip subtly and picked it up off the table, rolling it between his fingers absentmindedly.

"I've got all night," Sam quirked an eyebrow, his eyes narrowing slightly. Gabe sighed.

"Okay..." he started, "I couldn't stay away from you"

"Why not?" Sam retorted, unimpressed and Gabriel smiled slightly.

"I've got a sweet tooth, I guess," he met his eyes and Sam's widened somewhat. "Don't worry, I won't bite," he winked, "Unless you're into that".

"Gabe," Sam scolded, signalling for him to stop talking as Dean walked back into the room.

"How's the nerd work?" he asked, his tone underlying playfulness and Sam cleared his throat, leaning back in his chair. Dean made his way to the coffee machine, ready for his third round.

"Yeah uh good, except Gabriel slacking off, of course," he mocked jokingly and Gabe pretended to look offended.

"How dare you accuse me of being lazy?!" he gasped, pressing a hand to his heart, as if he had been deeply hurt by the comment. Dean breathed a laugh at his drama, and frowned at Sam worriedly.

"Why are you red?" he commented on his way out, full mug in hand, not waiting for his answer.

Gabriel leaned forward again, arms crossed, breath steadied. "Come out with me again," he begged. Sam couldn't believe he was doing this. He couldn't believe that- he couldn't even think about it. "Why?" he asked, staring down at the smirking archangel.

"Just... one more date. If you still hate me, so be it," Gabriel tempted, his eyes hopeful, "I mean I would understand".

"But why me?"

"Because you're cute," he pointed out blatantly, "and I'd really love to go out with you"

"What are we? Fourteen year olds?"

"Well I hope not, that's pretty illegal," he joked, "I just... you're freaking gorgeous, Sammy"

"That's not funny, Gabriel," he averted his eyes, and Gabe frowned.

"Sam, I'm serious. You're the sweetest thing I've ever seen, and you know I've got experience with candy"

"After what happened last time? Really?"Sam glared at him begrudgingly, leaning across the table with him.

"Oh come on, it was a little funny," he laughed, trying to lighten the mood.

"You took me to a fucking clown house, man!"

"Yeah and you said you were over it!"

"I obviously lied! That was a completely obvious lie!?"

"Well maybe you shouldn't lie to people, huh, Sammy?" he smiled smugly, and put a strawberry lollypop in his mouth.

Sam tried to be mad, he really did, and he put up a pretty good fight for it too. Until Gabriel just had to start sucking on that god forsaken stupid piece of candy.

"Fine"

A/N: Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy sabrrriieeelllllllll

@sam_computer_water bALLOONSS

@fangirl-23 HORRAAYYYY