Sleep (Destiel)

Dean was sound asleep in his bed, Castiel watching over him, protective. Dean shifted a bit, plagued by nightmares of Hell. Castiel frowned and climbed onto the bed next to him, laying still. Dean sighed in his sleep and rolled over, then clutched into the fabric of Cas’ coat. Castiel stiffened in surprise, his heart racing; he tried to shift away from Dean a little. Dean only scrambled closer to him, wrapping one arm around his waist. Castiel started to panic, retreating further, but Dean wrapped both arms around his waist, gripping him almost painfully. “D-Dean?” Castiel whispered, trying to wake him up. Dean grumbled and buried his face into Castiel’s chest. “Dean?” Cas tried again, shaking him slightly. Dean grunted and jolted awake, he stared at Castiel in shock. “Cas?!” he said, surprised, before detaching himself from his angel desperately. He awkwardly retreated to an appropriate distance and rubbed the back of his neck, sitting up. Castiel stared at Dean curiously and almost sympathetic. “Err…. S-sorry, Cas. I… didn’t mean to…. Um… you know… you can…. Leave now… if you’d like”

Castiel furrowed his eyebrows, confused. “Dean. I apologise”

Dean’s head shot up, shocked. “Why?”

“I shouldn’t have gotten into bed with you”

Dean blushed, realising how bad that sounded when the angel obviously had innocent intent.

“The truth is, Dean. I noticed you were having a nightmare and I have observed that humans usually try to comfort other humans when that sort of thing happens”

Dean smiled at his naivety.

“Would you like to talk about it?” Cas continued and Dean’s smiled dropped.

“No”, he huffed and laid back down, not facing his friend.

“Please, Dean. Sam is right. You can’t keep it to yourself”

“I don’t want to talk about it”

“Dean…”

“No. Leave me alone”

“Dean”

“Leave me alone”

Castiel, stubborn as ever, stood up and walked around to the other side of the bed. He knelt down in front of Dean’s face and frowned. Dean avoided his gaze, but Cas was having none of that, and grabbed his chin, forcing him to look at him. Dean glared at Cas, angrily. Castiel huffed and leaned in, but Dean pulled away. “What the hell are you doing?”

“I… don’t know”

Dean glared for a few second before sitting up, and pulling Castiel in for a kiss.