The Wedding (Destiel)

(A/N: If you don't ship destiel I don't even know why you're here to be honest)

Cas walked up the aisle, one step at a time, unable to keep the large smile off his face. Dean stood at the end of the carpet next to Sheriff Mills, who was facing the approaching Castiel. He nervously shifted his weight between his feet, clasping his hands in front of him. He kept biting his lip, chewing on the skin, and he felt a lump rising in his throat as he waited for his ex-angel. Sam stood next to Dean, off to the side a little, smiling proudly at his big brother. Gabe had his arm linked with Cas' as they continued their agonisingly slow trek, finally reaching Dean as the organ played. Gabe broke off and grabbed Sam's hand as the human's eyes started to water, standing next to him and wiping a tear from his own eye. He had just given his brother away. Jodie Mills cleared her throat politely as Dean couldn't stop himself from taking Cas' hand. "We are gathered here today to witness the joining of these men in holy matrimony" she began and Dean smiled, his hand shaking a little.

"Do you, Dean Samuel Winchester, take Castiel..." she broke off forgetting that Cas didn't have a last name. Cas paled, but Dean thought fast.

"Novak" he prompted and Cas smiled.

"...take Castiel Novak as your lawfully wedded husband, to love and to hold, till death do you part?"

Dean looked at Cas and smiled slowly "I do"

"And do you, Castiel Novak, take Dean Samuel Winchester as your lawfully-" she broke off as they heard a crash outside. The few guests started murmuring to themselves and Dean urged her to continue.

"...as your lawfully wedded-" she was interrupted by a louder noise and Gabe went outside to check, muttering an apology. Sam, the best man, nodded at her to continue.

"...husband, to love and to hold, till death do you-" she was interrupted once again an even louder crash and Charlie threw her hands up in the air.

"What the frick is going on!" she yelled and Cas let go on Dean's hands, rushing back down the aisle and throwing open the double doors.

"Wait! Cas! No!" Dean yelled after him. But it was too late. He ran straight into a demon, which grabbed him and held a blade to his neck from behind. Dean stopped in his tracks watching the situation, a deer caught in headlights, his heart pounding. Gabe was nowhere to be found and Sam darted his eyes from Dean to the demon, trying to guess his brother's next move. The demon smirked, flashing her black eyes at them, before stabbing the knife into Cas' stomach. "Love from Lucifer" it laughed as Dean lunged for Cas before he hit the floor. The demon disappeared before Sam could reach it and Dean frantically held his hands to Cas' wound, tears already pooling in his eyes.

"No, no, no, no, no, no, please no" he begged "not today oh god please no" he kept saying as he choked on his tears. Cas smiled up at him gently, staring into his green eyes. Dean tried to memorise his face, his own crumpled with tears. "Please don't, Cas. Don't die please oh god"

Cas kept smiling at him and coughed harshly, blood trickling out of the side of his mouth. He was barely able to choke out his last two words before he died. Before the light left his now dull blue eyes forever "I do"