On the Road Again (Supernatural)

They could feel the rumble of the car, and the bump of every pothole. It was silent between them, Dean concentrating on the road, Sam's thoughts elsewhere. The road looked the same, dark and narrow, but Dean seemed to know where he was going so Sam didn't bother to pay attention. The question kept lingering on his lips. Every time he tried to ask, he stopped. Dean kept driving, trademark frown on his face, and his hands clenching slightly on the wheel. "What..." he started, and Dean grunted in acknowledgement, "What did you see?"

Dean glanced at him, then back at the road. "When?"
"When you... died," Sam managed, and Dean swallowed. "What did you see?" he repeated, still not looking up at him. Dean kept looking at the road, each streetlight flashing across his face and lighting up his eyes.
"You mean, did I see a bright light?" he teased and Sam rolled his eyes.
"Seriously, Dean". The elder Winchester darted his tongue out to dampen his lips before taking a breath.
"You've died before, Sam," he reminded him, his own guilt flaring. 
"I don't remember," Sam told him, no malice in his voice. 

"Nothing".
"What?"
"I didn't see anything, Sam. No bright light, or heavenly choir. I didn't see mum, or dad, or anyone else. It was..." he cleared his throat. "It was dark. There was nothing. There was so much nothing, and it was everywhere- the dark. All around me. I couldn't breathe, I couldn't see, and I couldn't speak. I was.. I was so scared, Sammy. And then... Then I was..."

"In hell," Sam finished for him. 

A/N: Well, hello there guess who's back.

Back again.