AND I RAAANNN, I RAN SO FAR AWAYYYYY

Yeah, A Flock of Seagulls reference, baby!

+++

So I ran. I ran to protect him. Even though he needed to me stick that Epi-Pen in his leg, I ran to protect him from my clumsiness.

Ughhhhhhhhhhhh

Why is it, in so many stories, the girl - or guy, but let's just focus on annoying Mary Sue's in this chapter - runs away from her problems instead of facing them?

And I mean like, literally running from her problems. Like someone says something slightly confrontational, and she just takes off running and crying.

"Kylie, I think you need to stop playing with Xander Xerxes's feelings and just tell him you're fucking Ryder HotAlpha behind his back."

"No!" I screamed, running away. I sobbed, tears running down my perfectly rosy cheeks as I ran through the woods, branches snatching at my clothes.

Suddenly, I stopped. There he was. Ryder HotAlpha. And he didn't have a shirt on.

"Kylie," he said in a husky voice, stepping toward me. His hot breath was on my forehead. "You're mine."

"Take me, my love," I gasped. I needed to forget.

And I'm like

But yeah, she always runs away from her problems in the story

But yeah, she always runs away from her problems in the story. Either that, or the story starts with her moving to a new SMALL TOWN where she gets a job as a WAITRESS and has to try to keep her SORDID PAST from catching up with her.

Running away from my problems like

Run, Dean, run!

I don't know. It's just annoying, I guess. Like, for once, I want a character who actually faces up and solves their problems instead of just being like, Bye Felicia! And leaving.

Not much to say, really, just wanted to put the running and screaming Dean Winchester gif in there.

"Whew! That was scary!"