~ Just a Small Town a Girl ~ Gina Works the Diner all Day ~

In every story, it's a small town.

Twilight.

A gazillion on Wattpad.

Pride and Prejudice.

Almost every paranormal story ever.

Even the Hunger Games has its own version of a small town - District 12.

To be fair, any story I write (whether I put it on Wattpad or not) has a small town. But that's because I've only ever lived in a small town, and I know nothing else. And people are always saying, "write what you know". 

So yeah, all of my characters, unless in a fantasy world or post-apocalyptic universe, are stuck in small towns, just like me.

The same people day in, day out. Always up in your business, if you do something out of the ordinary they think you're nuts. E

Enough ranting though.

If you live in the city, or a large town, please place your character in a similar place. I get tired of small towns after a while.

Sure, they have their charms, but when they're used over and over and over, the charms run out.

This was basically a rant, no advice here because I suck.

+++++

Mary Sue lives in a small town....

....and works at a restaurant/cafe/diner/coffee shop.

What is with waitresses in these stories? I don't get it. 

Waitresses are awesome, hard workers, but there are other jobs she could have: organizing books at the library, working at the post office, some local business, a store, a bowling alley, I don't know.

It's always a waitress. And not just in Wattpad books. There's actually a movie called "Waitress". 

Just try to give her a different job. If she does have to work at a restaurant, make her work in the kitchen, or she buses tables, or seats people, just not a waitress.

Anyway, again, no real advice, because I totally suck.

Also, I just wanted to reference two of my favorite songs in the title. Hehe 😅