Problems

-Jacob's POV

We drove and drove, switching every so often so both of us could rest. But we all know Diamonds fears of driving so once we got to LA I took back control. Diamond looks out the window probably getting herself familiar with everything like she once was a while ago. I almost forgot everything about these busy place but I love it here. All the different people not being afraid to be expressive. What could I not love about it here? People are everywhere and Diamonds baggage rushes to my mind. I take off my black sunglasses and reach them over to Diamond.

"Here babe." I hand it to her and she takes them.

"What are these for?"

I shrug. "I just figured you should maybe try to hide."

Diamond sighs and puts them on. I stop at a red light and look at her but she doesn't look very disguised. She was wearing my hoodie since she wanted to be warm. I guess the hood could help.

"Maybe the hood?" I ask.

Diamond puts the hood on and looks at me with a are-you-happy face. She's irritated I get that but that doesn't mean I'm gonna let her get caught. I love her to death I'm not letting her be stupid about this.

I pull over to get some gas and before I unbuckle my seat Diamond hops out of my car. I quickly rush over to her calling her name. What is she doing?

"D come on!" I run after her and grab her arm turning her around.

She turns around and I try focusing my eyes to see her underneath my glasses.

"Jake it's really annoying." She tells me taking her arm away.

"You know you can't be having your head out the window when you're hiding from your dad."

She crosses her arms and I know she's rolling her eyes under those thick glasses. "We're hiding from my dad not some trained killer."

"Diamond can you get in the car?!" I whisper shout because I don't want people hearing her name.

She takes off the sunglasses and hoddie walking away from me. I look at her with wide eyes. What is she doing! I pick them up off the floor to see her talking to some dude.

"Hi I'm Diamond Chester." She says shaking his hand. Why in the world would she say her last name!

The guy takes a bite of his donut. "Nice to know."

"You don't know who I am do you?"

He shakes his head. "Should I?"

Diamond shakes her head with a smirk on her face. "No not at all."

I grab her by her arm angrily and drag her back to the car. I bite my lip trying to control I fucking angry I am. She laughs like it was funny. I open the passenger seat for her and quickly slam the door when she's seated. I go over to the guy that pumped the gas for me and tip him then head into the car so I can tell Diamond a piece of my mind.

"Are you crazy!"

Diamond looks at me and shacks her head. "Baby you need to calm down. Seriously no one cares."

"That dude was like twenty something probably eats his life away and never watched a singles second of the news."

"Well doesn't that describe everybody?"

I turn to her groaning. "No! It doesn't describe everybody."

"Whatever."

•*•

We show up to the hotel and the tension between us was still pretty strong. Once I stop the car Diamond hops out but I try to take her arm only to get the door slammed. Diamond checks us in then grabs her suitcase lugging it out the car.