Clusmy

-Diamond's POV

It's already 7pm, me and Jacob are suppose to go on a date. But I guess we'll go later. I have no clue what I'm wearing and I haven't even taken a shower... don't judge. Me and Jacob are just laying down watching tv. We're tangled together looking like a braid in his hotel bed. His hand runs through my hair while I draw circles on his arm with my finger.

My mind keeps snapping back to the proposal. I'm scared out of my mind of making such a big choice. I had to think a whole month before I choice what color to change my room and I change it every year. Now I have to make a choice on the spot that I'm gonna remember forever. Whether me and Jacob stay together or break up I'm still gonna remember the time he proposed. I wanna be with him don't get me wrong but I never admired the girl that got married at seventeen. Not saying that it's bad or anything against that but it just not for me. I don't know what I wanna be when I grow up but I'm suppose to know which person I wanna grow old with. What if we don't work out and I'm stuck with a broken heart?

He looks down at me laughing. "What you thinking about?"

I change positions so I can see him better. "Us."

He reaches his hand up and places his hand on my cheek. "What about us?"

"You know."

He chuckles and reaches over in the bedside table drawer pulling out the box. He puts it on his stomach while he lays down. I sit up staring at it then take it opening it staring at the beautiful diamond ring. I give it back to him feeling horrible about myself. I can see it that all he wants me to do is put the ring on and tell him yes followed by a kiss but I don't know if I can do that. A ton of emotions come over me and I start crying. Jacob sits up putting his hand on my shoulders.

"What's wrong?"

I shake my head and quickly wipe under my eyes. "I just don't know.... if my dad will approve. He hasn't been very happy about our relationship." I lie right through my teeth.

Jacob looks relieved. "Well he'll deal with it."

I nod and get up going into his bathroom so I can get one of his sweat pants. I take one and pull them on.

"Where you going?" He stands in the door looking at me while I fix my hair.

"We're going on a date right?"

Jacob nods. "Correct."

"So I have to go home and get ready." I kiss him and grab my coat and keys. He takes my hand as I'm walking out the door. I turn back to him and he leans in. I look at him with his neck stretched out, eyes closed and lips puckered. I giggle and do the same as him kissing him.

"Okay bye."

He waved his hand. "Be careful."

"I will."

"I love you."

I nod stepping back. "I know you do."

He gasps. "I don't get one back."

I go back hugging him. "I love you too."

*

When I get home I go straight in the shower. As I washing off I think about what I'm gonna say to him if he ask me again. I've never been so confused in my life. How could he put me through all this stress?

I sat down curling my hair. As I curl my hair a take a good look in the mirror, deep in my thoughts. Diamond you can do this! and You love him!, I repeat over and over in my head but really I'm think You won't be happy. and This won't work. Why does it aways have to be so difficult.