Explanation

-Ray's POV

I pout looking at Diamond silently playing with her double chocolate ice cream. She's been extremely depressed since the whole thing with Jacob. For the first time ever I don't know how I can cheer her up.

Diamond crumbles graham crackers in the pint of ice cream and tops it with a boat load of whip cream. Diamond sets her ice cream on the counter and starts watching the walls. I see the tears gathering in the sockets of her eyes. In a second she's bawling, covering her face with her hands. I've been staring at her for so long I don't even think she cares anymore.

I get up and bring her into a hug. D wraps her arms around me pressing herself into me. "Shhh, shhh. It's okay Diamond." I try calming her down the corny way. I stroke her hair once the hiccups come.

She eventually calms down and sits back rubbing her face. "I thought we'd have cute children." She laughs at herself and I half smile missing her joyful laugh. "How dumb was I?"

"It's not dumb Diamond. I don't know what's up with Princeton. He's just scared."

"Of my ugliness. I'm completely hideous." She goes over to the mirror pulling at her skin trying to examine it. "Why'd I have to be so stupid to think he'd possibly pick me? I was insane. Maybe it's because I didn't sleep with him. He probably figured that if he had to wait it should be something worth waiting for."

I should be stopping her from saying all these horrible things about herself but it's my fault and I know it. For two weeks Diamond has been crying her eyes out about the whole situation and I wish all her pain could some how come to me. I left her in his house without her car so she couldn't simply just drive off. I thought Jacob and Diamond would be something again. I loved their relationship even though I was jealous of them before. I never expected any of this to end like this. Diamond should be his wife right now not crying in my apartment stuffing her face with her third pint of ice cream for the day.

Diamond sits on my lap. I sway my legs back and forth and she half smiles at me. I notice her playing with the end of my white shirt. I shake my head at her smirking.

"What?" She blushes looking down.

I shake my head once again and pick her up. Diamond kisses me. It's been a while since we've been intimate. We've been strictly friends for a while. That's changing tonight.

~One Week Later

-Diamond's POV

Miranda came over and I've been telling her about what I plan on doing for money. She's completely upset at me and I get that anyone would be. That's why I'm only telling her.

"DIAMOND ARE YOU SERIOUS!" She yells at me. "Girl I know you heartbroken and I know the saying to get over one guy get under another one but girl you to pretty for that."

"Miranda I already did it. It's not as bad as it's put out to be. I'm not proud of it but I can't get my job back at the diner if I don't do it."

Miranda sucks her teeth. "You must be crazy bitch. Diamond please don't do this to yourself. You're worth to much to be paid off. If this is because of Princet-"

"IT'S NOT. I just wanna get over him. You don't have to be scared for me. I'm fine."

Miranda groans and throws herself back on the couch. "Sparkle, (Miranda's nickname for me) you're going down the wrong road. I know you hate bringing up your dad but what do you think he'll think of you if he found out? I get you wanna be independent and not live off your dad but maybe just for a while you should visit home and be around your family. I love you to death girl but not everybody in this world cares. Diamond you can't become a prostitute."

---------

Diamond being dirty y'all.

What you thinks gonna happen?????

Comment and vote!!