"No problem." My mom pulled out her phone and started scrolling through it. Mrs. Edmonds never spoke and basically acted like we weren't here but that's cool.

I kissed Aliyah's forehead then touched her stomach. "How you feeling?"

"The pain is there but it's not bad. I was far enough to get an epidural."

"Oh okay."

"I'm ready for her to get here."

"Me too. I feel like you just told me you were pregnant, now our princess is on the way."

"We've been so busy beefing with each other, we haven't sat down and thought about names for the baby."

"Yeah. I've always liked the name Amani."

"That's nice or what about India....India Rose."

"Rose and Brown don't really go well together."

"What about Mari?" My mom asked. "Since Chris's middle name is Maurice. Mari Rose Brown."

"I like that." Mrs. Edmonds said, shocking us all.

"Well then that's her name. Mari Rose Brown."

"Carlee, can I speak to you outside?" Aliyah's mom asked.

My mom looked at me then over at her. "Sure."

They both got up and walked out to the hallway.

"Should I go out there?" I asked Aliyah.

"They'll be fine, trust me."

"I hope so."

Carlee

I leaned up against the wall folding my arms, waiting for this lady to speak. The smell of the hospital was making me sick to my fucking stomach so she needs to make this fast.

"I brought you out here to apologize."

"Okay."

"My daughter had told me a lot of this about you and I prejudged you and never even took the time to get to know you. Me and my daughter a very sorry about the way we acted that day. It was so much tension, Aliyah didn't want a baby shower and I felt bad because I felt like it was my fault."

"I'm used to people coming up with their own aspects of who I am before they meet me. But I just don't tolerate disrespect. All of that because I thought I was doing something nice by throwing them a gender reveal party. Before all of this happened my son already told me that your daughter thought I was bougie. I've been around Aliyah maybe two times and it was only for two seconds. She judged me based on the way I live, that ain't cool."

"It wasn't and she definitely going to apologize."

"She knew about the gender reveal and if she didn't want it that's all she had to say. But like I said before, don't let the diamonds and cars and clothes and houses fool you. Ain't nobody coming for me and making me fold."

"I see and like I said, I'm sorry. I just want us to start over. Mari will be here at any minute and us not getting along will just make things harder for the kids."