18

Christopher Sr.
Carters Graduation Day

It's been a few days since that little dispute between me and Carlee and I've made sure I kept my distance. If we're not discussing our children there's nothing to say.

Today Carter takes that walk across the stage. I'm so happy for him, and I can't believe it's really over. It feels like Carlee was just telling me that she was pregnant and Juniors birthday party. I hope time drags with Kylee cause it killing me that my boys aren't babies anymore.

I was sitting in the kitchen eating a bowl of cereal when Carlee came walking through the front door. She's been working overtime to prove to Eric that she only wants him.

That's cool, I guess. Like I said before, if she wants to move on so badly then that's cool too. We're divorced, that's what she's supposed to do.

Carlee placed her purse on the counter and walked over to the refrigerator. She bent over looking for something and I can't lie it my heart speed up a little due to her having on a tiny ass dress. But I'm going to put my self control techniques to work, she's not going to get to me.

"Is Carter woke? His ceremony is in two hours." She said.

Shrugging I got up and poured out my milk. "I don't even think he's here."

"What?"

"Carlee's he's barely been here since prom."

"But he graduates today, he should be here.....CARTER!" She yelled.

"You could've just went up there to see."

"And you could keep a better eye on our children to know if they're here or not."

Groaning, I started walking out the kitchen. "I'm not about to do this with you today."

"Whatever."

"What's with the attitude for Carlee? What have I done to you?"

"Just go upstairs. You said you weren't going to do this with me so keep that same energy."

"You right, ima get dressed. I can't believe I'm saying this but I can't wait to go back to fucking rehab to get away from all of this wishy washy bullshit you got going on."

"I can't wait for you to go back either."

We just stared at each other, the look in her eyes let me know that she didn't mean that. I turned and headed upstairs and into my room. I sat on the bed and ran my hands over my face. This is too much. I should've followed my first mind and never slept with her because now look at us. We were going good but we soon as I think with my dick, shit goes south.

I don't want to be at odds with Carlee, I've had enough of that.

After sitting around for a while, I went and got dressed. Time was winding down and I didn't want to be the reason everybody's late to Carters graduation.

Once I slipped on my clothes, I headed downstairs. Everybody but Carter was down there. I know he has to leave before everyone else.

More people were here than earlier, Carlee's dad and stepmom, her brother and sister. Carlee's dad isn't someone that I'm too eager to see. I made so many promises to him regarding his daughter and I broke every single one of them. I know I'm not his favorite person at the moment.