6

Christopher Jr.

Pulling into my schools parking lot, I cut my car off and took a deep breath running my hands over my face. A knock on my window caught me off guard. I looked over at my girlfriend Aliyah. I hit the lock button and she climbed in.

"Hey baby." She said before leaning over and kissing my cheek. Aliyah is my high school sweetheart. We've been together since the 9th grade, never broke up, never have I had her out here looking crazy. My mom really did a good job making sure that w cherished a good thing when we found it. I wouldn't trade my baby for anything in this world.

"Wassup beautiful." I leaned over and kissed her. "How are you this morning?"

"Uuh, I'm okay. How are you?"

I shrugged. "Okay, I guess."

She just stared at me for a while. "How's your dad?"

I shook my head. "I don't even want to talk about that."

"You never want to talk about him, why? Why do you hate him so much? I get that he hurt your mom but stuff happens Chris. At the end of the day he's still your dad."

My nose flared and jaw clinched. I didn't want to hear that bullshit. I looked at her. "Aren't your parents happily married?"

She nodded.

"Okay so when the day your dad chooses his junky ass girlfriend over his family, then you can come talk to me about how the fuck I should feel about my dad. Don't sit here and act like I treat him the way I do for no reason. Until you've felt the pain I felt don't even bring this shit up. My dad promised me over and over that he'd never leave us, and never treat us wrong and now look." I felt myself getting ready to explode so I decided to just stop talking. The last thing I wanted to do was take my anger out on Aliyah. All she did was ask a question.

"Baby just relax." She rubbed my arm.

I took a deep breath then laid my head on the steering wheel. Obviously talking about my dad gets me extremely mad. It just sucks when someone you used to look up to disappoints you so bad and it hurts even more when the person is your father. Some days, I wish I could rewind time. Go back to before things got bad. My mom said that everything went south 6 months ago but it's been changing long before that. I can still remember the day I caught my dad using drugs almost a year ago. I walked into his office and there he was sniffing lines.

I had to look my father, who was high as a kite, in the eyes as he begged me not to say anything. He bribed me with whatever I wanted to keep quiet. All I wanted was for him to stop. He promised he would until he met Robyn two months later. I used to check his phone to see if he was buying anything, doing what he promised he wouldn't. He didn't know that I knew his code. Well I don't but him in school for forensics science. All I had to do was use something to lift his finger prints off of it and get the code right. Coming to find out his code was her birthday.

I looked through their messages and got more than what I bargained for. Naked pictures, her asking my dad for so much money, western union receipts for almost 10 million. He bought her a house and a car.

And I don't know why I said that he met her, she's been around for a VERY long time. Out of the 17 years that my parents have been together he's been dealing with her for at least 7 years.