31

Carlee
A Few Days Later

I haven't stopped crying since we got that letter. I couldn't believe this was happening. I just knew that this was Chris's baby and I'm so pissed I got myself into this situation.

Sitting in my car outside of iHop, I waited for Eric to pull up. There was a point when I thought about not even telling him about the test. God must be punishing me, I'm stuck with him for 18 years.

His Maserati pulled next to my car and I exhaled. Cutting off my car and grabbing my things, I climbed out and went inside.

"You couldn't wait for me." Eric said while trying to wrap his arm around me but I pulled away.

"Please don't touch me."

"Right this way please." The hostess said.

We went to our seats. As soon as we sat down, I ordered some French toast. I needed something sweet.

"So how you been?" He asked.

"Okay."

"Everything between you and the old man going good?"

"Don't mention him."

"Just trying to make conversation."

"Well do that without mentioning him. You like to be disrespectful and that's something I'm not about to tolerate. I have no problem smacking the shit out of you."

He laughed. "I wish you stood up for me like that."

"Why would I?"

"Answer this question for me, why drag me along when you knew that you wanted to be with him? You could've just let me be and got your family back together. That was some cold hearted shit you pulled. You both lied straight to my face about sleeping together."

I ran my fingers through my untamed hair. I could feel my blood pressure rising. "I'm sorry. But like I told you, my heart was and still is with Chris. You're right I should've let you go but I didn't because I thought if I kept you around, it'd be easier for me to move on. Then Chris showed me that he was a willing to change and do right and you showed me that the sweet guy that I first met was just a disguise to hide the asshole that you truly are."

"Wow what an apology. I guess you attract assholes. That was his second time cheating on you, right?"

"You're always so worried about Chris." I leaned closer to him. "You must want to fuck him, huh?"

"Bitch don't play with me."

"Oooo, now I'm a bitch. That's not a nice way to talk to the mother of your child."

The mad expression on his face quickly fell. Then a grin appeared. "I knew it."

I wanted to cry so damn bad.

"And you swore it was his. Damn I would've loved to see the look on his face when he saw those results." He got up from his seat and moved over to me. He tried to touch my stomach but I pushed him away.

"Do not touch me."

"I can't wait to tell my mother. She's going to love this. She might not be too excited about you, but the baby will have her ready to jump through the roof."