"You're welcome, go to the car give me a few minutes."

"Okay." I walked out of the room and headed downstairs then out to the car. I felt like I was going to have a damn panic attack.

About 10 minutes later, my mom came out and climbed in the car. "Your dad will be at the hospital in the morning."

"Okay." I pulled off and headed to Sinai. I kept shifting in my seat, I was so nervous. My mom just grabbed my hand and that instantly calmed me down.

"Junior relax, you got this and I'll be there every step of the way."

"Okay....okay."

She tried to let my hand go but I held hers tighter. She smiled the relaxed back in her seat.

We pulled up at the hospital and I valeted then we headed inside. I walked up to the front desk. "Hi."

The grumpy lady at the front desk looked up at me. "How can I help you?"

"I'm here to see Aliyah Edmonds."

"If you can read time it's after 8 and you can't see anyone after that time."

"Bitch don't talk to my son like he stupid." My mom snapped. "His girlfriend is about to have a baby so turn to that computer and give us the room number or do whatever you gotta do."

I looked at her and laughed. My mom is crazy as hell.

The lady angrily typed in everything then went and grabbed two passes. "Take that elevator up."

My mom snatched the passes from her and walked away. When we climbed on the elevator we both burst out laughing.

"Ma you gotta chill."

"The bitch didn't have to say all the shit she said. We know what fucking time it is she should've asked why we were there before running her mouth."

"That's true."

"Let's hope she's the last person you snap on tonight."

"Junior I told you I'll keep my mouth shut. I'm not about to ruin this moment for you."

"Aliyah wanted you here, so her mom is the only one we have to worry about."

"Okay."

The elevator came to a stop and we climbed off then headed to Aliyah's room. When we walked to the door, I could hear my baby's heart beat and it just made me even more nervous.

"Christopher, you got this."

I knocked then opened the door and walked in. Aliyah was asleep and her mom sat on the couch on the other side of the room.

"Hey." I said. Aliyah's eyes opened and she cracked a small smile.

"Hey...Hi Mrs. Brown."

"Hello." My mom said while sitting by the door.

"Thank you for coming." Aliyah said to her.