chapter 26

Hello beautiful, sorry for the late update, I fell asleep while I was editing. As soon as I woke up I continued editing lol. Hope you have a great day!
______________________________________________________________________________

Semjas pov

I need to know. Why am I feeling this? And for some reason even though it makes no, I feel that the answer is in her body and skin. She screams as I bite into her and I feel her sweet blood touch my tongue.

I bite off a piece of her flesh and slightly chewed in my mouth. It is the best thing I've ever tasted. If sunshine and rainbows could be put into flesh, that is what she tastes like. I look at her and see that she's crying and I feel a deep sadness in my stomach. I realize why I have wanted to her.

I don't understand though. If she is my mate then why is she dead, I can't mate with a soul. It is impossible. I'm going to have to go to Cato and seek his advice. Why is she in here? I taste no sin from her. But how could she be in hell with no sin and being my mate? This is an impossibility wrapped in an enigma.

For the moment I have to put that aside and think but how to make her not hate me after just doing the one thing she never wanted me to do. I took a bite out of her. I go over to her very slowly and gently to not startle her. She still flinches and my voice automatically comes one gently, "I'm sorry bliss, its ok I wont do anything anymore, shhh its ok," I wrap her in my embrace.

I rock us back and forth as she cry's. Guilt squeezes my chest and I feel my heart aching. What have I done? If I'm right and she's the one, have I destroyed our future? What we might've had? No I can't think like that. I have rock her back-and-forth in my arms embracing her in my warm and whispering apologies and words of comfort in her ear.

After a long time she finally stops crying but doesn't lift her face to look at me. She just stays there with my arm embracing her, not looking at me. After even more time passes and I felt my whole body go numb, she turns to look at me. There are no more tears running down her face, but her face is red.

I looked down at her with sympathy and say a heartfelt apology. "I am so sorry. It was wrong of me to force you. However it was something that needed to be done and now I know what to do. We have to go to Cato." It takes her a couple minutes to process this.

When she does understand she looks up into my eyes and gives me a questioning look. In the most broken voice I've ever heard she whispers, "Cato?" It breaks my heart to see her like this and to hear her voice so filled with pain, and to know that I am the cause of her pain. I push down all those feelings and nod slowly.

"My best friend and the king of hell, he will know what to do in this situation." She gives a slight nod and I stand up very slowly and pull her up with me. She comes grudgingly, but her body follows my every movement. How have I not seen this before? How is this possible that she is my mate? She is dead and his soul. Our food.  This must be a test for me, but I cannot help what I feel.

I start moving us out of the mansion, out my door, down the hallways and down the stairs all these twisting and turning halls that are so familiar to me. When I realize that she is walking but ever so slowly. I can't take it anymore I lift her up into my arms. She makes gasping sound but wraps her arms around my neck automatically.

I support her head, and her legs in my arms. Most would call it a princess carry. Expand my wings, feeling the touch of air caressing every crevice. I feel a jolt of elation in my body. It has been a while since I've flown. And without a word, although I can see that she is about to protest, I launch us into the air and start flying towards the castle.

She lets out a scream as we launch off the ground but after we are in the air she is silent. She just watches everything around us. This is the fastest way to get to the castle. We reach the door in a matter of minutes when it would take us triple the time to walk here. I put her down and before she can protest or fall over I'm not sure which I put my arms around her shoulder and guide her.

She doesn't protest and doesn't flinch away from me, which I can take as a small reprieve and I feel a slight weight lift on my chest. This castle is so vase but I don't know where Cato could be. The dining room? The living room? Their bedroom? So many possibilities and so little time.

I noticed that there is a guard side the entrance door I go up to him and ask him, "do you know where the king is?" Before replying he gives a bored look then realizing who I am says in a rush and almost gargling voice, "I believe he is in the sun room with her Majesty, general Semja."

I continue on my quest to find him. I go through a couple halls and up staircase for another hall and after many twists and turns and plungers up-and-down I finally come to the sun room. This whole castle is a maze. This room is meant only for royalty or nobles, that is why it is difficult to get to.

It is meant to be a haven where they can be themselves and not have to deal with prejudices or politics. It is a room that is also beautiful. It is filled with plants and has open windows facing a florist that has a beautiful sunset. All the plants are taken care of by Amie. I go inside the room with Bliss in toe.

"Cato my friend and my king. I need your help, I'm so confused about what is going on." He gives me a puzzled look then asks, "what do you mean?" I look down at Bliss who is looking at the flowers and at my best friend and his mate. Oh man this is going to be difficult to explain. "This soul is named Bliss. And I am 100% sure that she is my soul mate and pure of heart."

______________________________________________________________________________

I hope you enjoyed Vote and comment!!