chapter 18

Hello beautiful, sorry for the late update. I started university yesterday and have been super busy but its been fun. Have a great day!
______________________________________________________________________________

Semja POV

 "Oh" is all I can manage to say. She saw me? I noticed after I ate about half of Michael's body that the door was slightly open. I left him riving in pain to check and make sure that nobody was in the hall. When I checked there wasn't anyone. How much did she see? So now I'm a monster to her. If only I had been born a human and not had to kill a living being to survive.

She looks to almost be cowering in the corner, she doesn't look at me and there's a slight tremble to her form but it is so slight it's probably unnoticeable to anyone who isn't looking closely. What am I going to do now? This is how I survive and I can't do anything about it but how do I explain that to her so that she doesn't hate me or fear me.

I feel a clenching in my chest at the thought of her hating me and not sleeping in the same bed as I am. How does she have me so wrapped around her finger, this little human, she isn't even alive and yet I feel such a pull to her. I've never even heard of a demon having these emotions toward a dead soul, it's so confusing.

I never want my souls that I have purchased to see me eating another one of them. To them it must look so horrifying and cannibalistic. I can understand how it would look to a human or even a dead soul but for demons this is just our food. Sometimes demons have relations with humans mostly because demons rarely have other demon mates. But once a human has died and gone to hell all they become as food they cannot be a partner and they cannot live past their time.

It's like when humans eat the dead meat of an animal. When wild animals are alive you can't think of eating it alive but once it is dead becomes a delicacy and delectable. Although unfortunately the best way to eat souls is while they're still alive in a sense. In hell it keeps their blood flowing slowly but not as slowly as a corpse's blood.

Their body doesn't rot after being cut or bitten into. I don't know what I'm going to do now that she has seen me, the last time this happened she became a silent soul and never wanted to be within meters of me. But this is different I feel a strong pull to Bliss and I can't understand why.

Even in my sleep my body feels the pull and wants to hug her close even if she's dead. I'm just so confused and when I left today I went to see my friend archivist and asked him about such things. He didn't understand why I was asking but told me that he's never read anything like what I described to him. He who retains all knowledge said that there was no such thing in any books he is ever seen read or even heard about.

I just keep looking at her and her fleeting glances not wanting to look at me and my chest gives another painful squeeze. "You can sleep there for today," I say but I can't help the little break in my voice as I say it. I want her in my arms to feel the heat and scent of her body.

I wish I had seen her when she was alive although she doesn't know what she did or what happened to her while she was alive, I know her scent would have been stronger. Even now her scent is of mint and thick milk it's such a comforting smell, and I wonder how strong it would be when she was alive. She looks back at me and her eyes have widened most like in shock. She gives a Curt nod and lies back down in the corner.

I know I won't be able to sleep without her here in my bed which is such a weird idea to me. So I wait until I can hear her breath slowed down and I get out of my bed and walk over to her. She looks so peaceful sleeping and I see her face scrunch up and she flinches as if from a nightmare. I reach my hands underneath her body and scoop her up into my arms, she immediately complies and snuggles into my body. She feels so perfect here.

I go over back to my bed and lay her down she snuggles into the covers but makes a frowning face as if missing my touch. I go to the other side of the bed and lay down beside her, she instantly feels my presents and comes to my side as I wrap my arms around her. Our bodies both want to be with each other I just wish that we were the same species or even that she was alive so it wouldn't be frowned upon for me to be with her.

I feel my face frown as I think that I want to be with her. Not just in a way that a friend wants to stay with a friend but in a way that I need her there, I need her to be with me. I'm not happy when she's not with me anymore. If I had felt these feelings for anyone else like a demon or human I would have called it love.

But because she is dead I don't know if I can still call this feeling love. I know what my heart is saying and I know what my body is trying to tell me. I don't know how I could be in love with a dead soul it's blasphemous and never to be heard of in demon history.

Sometimes they whispers and gossip about how a demon fell in love with their slave but soon their executed or they disappear never to be thought of again. How could this be happening to me, the general of hell, the right-hand man to the king of hell himself.

It's a black mark on me for feeling this and on the king for letting me be with him. I have to keep these emotions down I can't fall in love with her, I can't admit my feelings or else I'll have to be executed and so will she. Why do I have to feel this connection to her? These questions plague my thoughts as I sync intro my subconscious and slowly fall asleep, what will tomorrow bring on?

______________________________________________________________________________

I hope you enjoyed Vote and comment!!