chapter 19

Hello beautiful, I got really sick the last few days and have been supper busy with... Life. Have a great day! Ohhh and since I'm always telling you about my day feel free to tell me about yours.
______________________________________________________________________________

Bliss POV

I wake up slowly feeling the warmth around me. My anger and fear seem to have lesson magically overnight. Yesterday I thought I would never look at him or allow him to touch me but as if that can't happen I willingly have lessen my anger.

Maybe if he explains it to me today I will understand? I noticed that I'm no longer on the hard floor in the corner, I look up and see that this is the bed that I've woken up on many times. It's his bed.

I turn around and I see him sleeping quite peacefully beside me. Usually he has to wake me up but today I woke up before him. How could something or someone so beautiful like him eat a human it terrifies me just to think about it. What scares me even more is that I feel so comfortable and safe in his arms.

It's like my body is betraying my mind, my mind is telling me to run away to fear him and to never look at him but my body is sinking into him and enjoying his smallest touch and his warmth. I don't know what part of me I should believe and act on.

Should I stay away from him and run in fear or should I sink into him and allow him to tell me what's wrong and why this is happening. I wonder if he knows the reason why I'm so attracted to him maybe he's done something to me. He's a demon after all.

Has he cast a spell on me or maybe gave me potion to drink in my sleep so that I'm unable to resist him? No I think that he is as confused on what's happening to me as I am.

I close my eyes because I think that he's going to wake up now. I pretend to be asleep and try to keep my breathing steady. I feel his movement as he comes a little closer to me and then I feel soft brushing of my forehead. Then the warmth is gone and I hear the bed move to him and unsync from his weight.

I hear him go to his bathroom and close the door. My eyes automatically open and my hand goes to my forehead where the light rushing feeling was. Did he kiss my forehead? Why would he do that? I quickly get out of bed and go over to my dresser and put on my clothes taking the opportunity to get dressed while he was in the bathroom.

When he finally comes out, he is in his boxers and nothing else and I am fully dressed ready for whatever task I have to do today, he looks over at the bed and notices I'm gone. He looks around in panic then spots me as smile crosses his face and then I think he realizes that I'm still shaken up about yesterday and his smile falls.

He looks away from me and goes to his closet getting dressed. I silently look at the floor refusing to look at him after a couple minutes. He comes towards me. I flinch a little at the sudden movement in front of me and I can't help myself but look up.

He's in front of me with a guarded expression and the chain in his hand. Attaches it to my neck end waves me to follow him today is another day where we will be filled with silence. I keep my head down as we passed through the many streets. I never want to see what happened last night or what I saw on the first day I was in hell, ever again.

I don't want to see the human souls being tortured in the middle of the street and I never want to see him eating another human soul. It revolted me to the point of vomiting, if I had anything in my stomach.

We go up the long stairs and up to the castle. We weave through the many tunnels and passageways to get to his office he took a different path today a longer path. But I looked up around the tunnels that we were in and see beautiful pieces of artwork.

Maybe he let us this way to show me these pieces of artwork? I don't know but I can appreciate their beauty. We finally make it to his office and he silently puts more of the old language text on my desk and we get to work.

Today I'm not distracted like yesterday I am solely focused on doing the work. I don't want to think about how I'm in hell or that I'm dead or even that my feelings for the person I'm supposed to call Master are confusing me entirely.

We don't take a break today we go straight through and by that time I'm starting to feel tired he gets up and puts the chain on my neck and motions me to come to his side. I do and we start heading home.

Today he didn't talk to me at all and his brow was furrowed with concentration even though I tried not to look at him. Even when he appeared to be dazing off into space it looked like he was always thinking about something very important groundbreaking even. Once we get back to the mansion He leads me to his room then undoes the chain but locks the door after coming in.

"Sit," he tells me sternly. I'm not really liking the tone right now but I can try to do what he says. I go to the side of his bed and sit on the corner. He looks at me for a moment and then start spacing in front of me.

His brows furrowed and his eyes are looking at the floor during his pacing, his wings will hang lazily on the ground behind him sweeping the floor every time he moves. After a couple minutes of him pacing he gives a big sigh and grabs a chair from a desk in the corner and sits in front of me.

He puts his hands on his knees and looks at me piercingly. "I know I've already told you this but I want to tell you again. Demons have to live on eating humans and their souls." I can't help but take a sharp inhale of breath as he says this but he doesn't stop and continues on.

"What you saw yesterday might have looked terrifying or horrifying to you but for me and my kind it's normal to eat like that. We live off of eating the sins that have been fermenting on the human body and soul. It's not our fault that that's the only thing we can eat. I'm sorry you had to see that but I want you to understand that it's nature for demons and we can't change that, in the way that it's nature for humans to smile or to eat. I don't want you to be afraid of me and I don't want to hurt you but I also need you to understand that it's something I can't change or stop." He pauses to let me think and one thing that I can't help thinking is why he cares so much about my opinion.

I understand that it's what they eat and they have to eat that but I don't like it and I think that's also understandable. How should I respond should I tell him that it revolts me but I understand. Tell him never to touch me or be near me again if he will.

I wish I had rights, right now the right to tell him to leave, the right to tell him I need time but the fact is I'm dead and he is purchase me and if I left this mansion right now I would probably be eating or be tortured to the point of my mental ability breaking.

I'm lucky that he was the one who bought me but at the same time I wish I was his equal. "I understand, I will try my best to not be disgusted," this is the only thing I can say. I look at his face and see that his eyes are gleaming and he has on million-dollar smile on his face looking at me and if I didn't know better I would even say that there were tears forming in his eyes.

______________________________________________________________________________

I hope you enjoyed Vote and comment!!