chapter 7

Hello beautiful, its really close to my graduation and I'm both excited and scared for the next part of my life! Have a great day!

______________________________________________________________________________

bliss pov

I hear footsteps coming closer to me but I stay still. The bed sinks beside me and I feel fingers brush my cheek and then the same hand cup my face. Who is this? The hand leaves and the footsteps start again but heading away from me this time, I fall back to a shallow sleep.

There is a loud bang and I wake up startled. I see master with his beautiful wings that I thought when I first saw him, made him look like an angel. More like an angel of repentance. He is at my door, "you slept a long time, now it's time for punishment," he swiftly leaves, so graceful. 

As I scramble after him we do it differently than usual, instead of going up the stairs and go to the right we go down to a long blue hallway. He stops in front of a multicolored door. It has red squares, yellow squares, green squares, and blue squares on it. 

"This is the dancing room. I'll be back in a couple hours." He opens up the door and motions for me go in, I slowly walk in the room. It is very dark and I can't make anything out. He closes the door behind me and as always there is a little glass window that he can look at me through. 

All of a sudden lights turn on and the room starts flashing different colours and my body starts moving and dancing. Sometimes my body moves in painful ways, I know that my body is not meant to move that way. He just watches me for a moment inside this room. What could be so awful about this room? Except for some of the painful moves. As soon as I thought it, dancing partners came out they looked like zombies.

 I try to run away but all I can do is dance. It's like this room is not allowing me to do anything but dance. A zombie looking creature comes up to me. He starts dancing with me, the smell alone terrifies me. His flesh is falling off and his teeth are rotting. I scream but continue dancing... He spins me but my back almost breaks from the intense force, its so painful.

It continues like that for hours when finally the master comes back and the creatures disappear. I fall to the ground having no energy to move, and my feet feel like they are either going to explode or fall off. He comes in and picks me up. I wince and let out a broken whimper when I feel him touch the back of my knees. 

I see him flinch a little but when I look again his face is like stone, I must have imagined it. "One day its torture the next it's cleaning but usually still painful. Tomorrow you'll have kitchen duty" he tells me as I start fading in and out of consciousness. I give a slight nod and rest my head on his shoulder as he starts walking me to I'm assuming my room.

The next day

I feel a tug at my stomach moving me into something solid. I open my eyes, it's the room I first saw after being sold... Its masters room... I look down and see his arm. I feel his chest on my back. I'm in his room? Why? I look down to the soft blanket, but it isn't a blanket. It's one of his wings. 

Black and soft, I reach my hand down on it, feeling just how soft it is. I lightly stroking it and I can feel the master shiver behind me. The wings must be sensitive, I retract my hand and pretend I didn't do anything and try falling back to sleep. A few minutes later he wakes up and gently takes his wing off then his arm off me. 

It's colder now, but then he slips a blanket onto my body. Wow I am so glad I'm pretending to be asleep, he is being so nice. I hear him go to his closet and put on some clothes, he then leaves without disturbing me. I slowly fall back asleep.

I feel a shaking on my shoulder, "Bliss wake up," I open my eyes. Master is looking over me, "we are going to get groceries," I give him a questioning look. He gives a pull on a chain that is connected to my collar. He put it back on?! "Come on," I quickly get up and once I am on my feet he starts walking away to an unknown place, leisurely keeping his hand with my chain at his side. 

"As you know almost all demons eat souls, we need to eat around once a week to a month," he pauses "but we can't buy thousands and wait for their time to be up so, most demons buy three to a hundred souls that will taste the best after waiting and completing the soaking up of pain through punishment. The rest get bought by butchers." 

Before I could ask what that is he continued, "they buy souls with small sins and sell the meat to all demons after their short punishment time, they of course eat the soul. Today we are going to buy some meat." I involuntarily gage a bit. He ignores me till we get to the city street. 

"Don't look, don't say anything, and keep your head down," he tells me. I comply looking at the ground. The ground is made of a dark red brick. It's not a long walk. When we get there he says "If you want to look you can now, the inside looks the same as any normal butcher shop." I look up, it's true. It looks completely ordinary except for the signs on all the meat lust, gluttony, vanity, lair, wrath, greed, despair, sloth, pride, and random. 

"The eight worst sins and a couple of others are the ones that usually get less time because not many people take them to the extreme." He tells me after seeing my face filled with shock. All I do is nod, he rings a bell that is on the counter that I didn't notice before. A very buff demon comes out of a door, and stands behind the counter full of meats. He gives a deep bow and I see that his head is rotting through to the skull. 

He stands back up, "what can I get you?" Master looks at the meats then says "I want some lust, pride, and greed", they look to be the most expensive. The demon nods and takes out large chunk of all three then individually wraps each in a brown paper then puts them all in a clear plastic bag. "140 hellions", the demon says. Master gave him 2 bills then takes the bag and says, "keep the change." 

The demon smiles and says while we are leaving, "always my best customer!" As soon as we get outside he gives me the bag, "carry it till we are home." It's horrifying to think that this is human. This could be me, if I wasn't rare. All I can do is nod and look down as he pulls the chain and starts walking back to the house.

______________________________________________________________________________

I hope you enjoyed vote and comment!!