chapter 25

Hello beautiful, sorry for the late update, I was studying for the 2 midterms I have tomorrow!!😓😭😰 Have a great day!
______________________________________________________________________________

Bliss POV

Luke seems to be a very nice demon but I feel like a 3rd wheel, except there are actually 4 people here, including myself. I'm a different species then them, I'm not only human but dead as well. I try to just stay quiet and listen to their conversation, "how is the business involving the purists going?" Luke asks.

Semja responds with a little bit of a frown. "Well, they are hard to find and when we do finally find one they die before we can get any useful information from them..." He continues on and on and I find myself feeling sleepy because of how dry the information is, until Semja drops a boom in the conversation.

"So have you ever heard about a demon falling in love with their soul? Not by physical attraction but a mental bond?" He asks calmly while eating a piece of meat. Ali and Luke stop eating and look at him oddly, mirroring the look on my face.

Ali is the one that responds, "w-what do you mean? You know it's forbidden to fall for the dead," she stutters. Luke looks at Semja quizzically then responds slowly, "love, let's hear him out, you know that people jump to conclusions."

Ali simmers down and allows Semja to explain as I stay quiet, "I feel a connection to Bliss, and I want to try her more than I have ever wanted something before." This time he looks away from his friends, I can't help but look at them and they are staring at me with an odd expression.

"You need to try her out to know if what you feel is your stomach or your heart," Ali says with a controlled blank expression. My eyes widen in shock and I immediately shake my head in a silent no. Semja looks at me through the corner of his eye then slowly turns his head towards me.

We have a tense and charged moment before Ali try's to change the subject but no one can keep up the conversation. As an afterthought I realized that the king and queen didn't come, his best friend.

The night ended early with me and him going home this time he held my hand and walked up to the room in a faster pace, which was hard to keep up with. Once we get to mansion we go immediately to his room.

I start tripping over my cat heels by the time we get into his room. We go inside and immediately after he closes the door behind us and locks it. I can't help the feeling frightened like the first time I came to hell.

I thought that feeling I had, had gone away but it just been pushed down for the moment. Before he even starts speaking I back away from him, my back almost touching the opposite wall to the door. I'm so frightened. I don't know why but I don't want him to eat my flesh.

He stalks menacingly towards me and says, "give me your hand," very quietly. I shake my head and put my hands behind my back as if to hide them from him. He sighs a little then wraps his arm around me. I'm so shocked and startled that I don't move his hands that are on my upper back moving lower and lower to my hands.

Before I can realize it he has grabbed my hand and pulled it to his mouth. I quickly react and pull with all my might to rip my hand out of his. The force of my own action makes me fall to the ground with the momentum of e pulling back my hand.

"No!" I shout. He gives me a half pitying smile with sad eyes and he bends down to my level. I'm holding myself up with my arm while the rest of my body is on the ground. He immediately gets on top of me as I look upward at him with unshed tears in my eyes. I can't move my hands far enough away from him so that he can't see them or reach them.

He gently and gingerly picks up my hand which has fallen slack and has no resistance anymore. As he's bringing my hand up to his face my eyes burst into tears and my body convulses with sobs.

His eyes speak volumes of sadness but he continues on and puts my finger to his mouth. I can't help but stare at him with cloudy eyes filled with tears and watch as he bites into the tip of my finger.

It is so painful. Because his teeth are blunt like humans, it doesn't slice the skin like a knife would, but more punctures and rips through the skin which is 5 times as painful as being sliced. I scream as I feel the pain of him biting through my finger and I'm ripping off the tip.

I cry and beg him to stop but until he has bitten through the whole piece of my finger he doesn't let go or speak in anyway. Once he has finally ripped off a piece, I yank my hand back and sit up, simultaneously moving myself backwards out of his reach; all the way to the opposite side of the room.

Oh no, he didn't take that much but for some reason it was the most painful and coldest thing I've ever felt in my life. And this coming from someone that I think I love. It's too hard for me to bare. I curl up into a child's position and rock myself feeling the pain.

I wonder if it's because I am dead, that means that my body won't heal from this. Cuts and other things are healed but are bites healed? Especially if they come from your master? I soon find out the answer is no.

I believe it probably has something to do with the fact that demons must have some saliva or something that would make it so a soul or their body could not heal. Does that mean I'm going to feel this pain always?

The pain has already subsided after my hand was moved away from his mouth but it is a dull pain that is continuous now. After a couple minutes of silence I look over at him still with tears running down my tear stained face. He is still in the exact same position I saw him except his head now is turn to look at me, no longer looking at the ground. His eyes are wide and big as saucers. What is he thinking?

______________________________________________________________________________

I hope you enjoyed Vote and comment!!