chapter 24

Hello beautiful, in my English class an essay sunk up on me so now I'm rushing to get it done before Friday lol. Have a great day!
______________________________________________________________________________

Bliss POV

We get back to the mansion and I feel a new sense of closeness with him. I don't know why but I'm no longer frightened, even though he has bought my soul and was cruel to me at the beginning. I'm no longer afraid which I find to be an odd sensation.

We both didn't realize how long we had been out. By the time we get back, the light has faded and it is now a very dark night. He allows me to go to his room to change and fall asleep without him. He leaves me to check on his other soul's punishments.

When he leaves me I can't help the light shutter that runs through me. I may not be afraid of him anymore but that doesn't mean that I understand completely the torturing of other human souls. He's explained it to me and I understand that it's his sustenance but to torture a being and to eventually kill it just seems too cruel.

I'm already asleep once he returns but I'm in an odd state, where I can feel, hear, and understand everything around me but I can't say or do anything to respond to the world around me. I hear him rummaging around, probably for clothes in his closet, then he gets into the bed on the other side of me. I feel his gentle hand pulling me into him.

I feel my body melt into him like butter as if we are a perfect fit in a puzzle piece no awkward limbs jabbing into other limbs or feathers caught in my mouth, only a perfect fit. I fall into a true deep sleep with a complete and powerful sense of serenity.

The next day was like any other except unlike other days there was no uneasiness between us, no stiffness, and no awkwardness. I knew everything that I could about him, for the moment, and he knew as much as I could tell him about myself. I don't know myself enough to tell him anything more than what I have told him.

But unlike other days even though there is a collar around my neck and a chain linking me to his hand I felt like I was his equal. He wanted my opinion and my acceptance of himself which I never thought I could do.

We both steal glances at each other not looking in horror or in questioning but just to looking and exanimating each other. I am dead and I'm just a soul but when he looks at me I feel as if I'm alive. When I'm with him I feel that nothing can separate us, and I think that's somehow how we are meant to be.

Of course I can never tell this to him because I know that he has his position in hell and it's taboo to like or fall in love with your soul. He hasn't told me that he loves me or anything along those lines but I somehow feel it. I don't know if I'm making it up or if I just can't help but feel it and feel him reciprocating my emotions.

After we work, we talk, and we had back to the mansion both of us getting ready for the dinner party. For some reason he has dresses in his closet that fit me perfectly. When did he have time to get them?

He doesn't want me coming to the dinner party in my maid uniform so he picks out the most beautiful red dress that hugs my curves and has a slit down the side of my leg. The neckline is in a V shape and plunges down to my breasts, it has very thin straps.

It's a very elegant and beautiful dress that matches my hair and body shape perfectly. He puts on a black suit that fits his body perfectly with a red button up shirt and a red pocket square in the jacket pocket.

When he moves, even the slightest bit, I can see his muscles tensing and moving along with the fabric in the sexiest way I've ever seen. "Shall we?" He asks holding out an arm for me. Tonight I don't have to wear a chain but a beautiful necklace that seems to be made of small diamonds on a chain and one larger diamonds hanging just above my breasts.

He told me that it may not look like a collar but if I go too far from him I'll be zapped. He assured me that at long as I stay within 4 miles of him that I won't be zapped. He said that this necklace is meant for dances and balls. So that even if souls have to leave their masters they can't get farther than a certain amount but also won't be hurt if they have to run an errand.

I am a little hurt by it being a shock collar at all but it is better than having a chain connecting me to his hand and it being very noticeable. "We shall," I say as I slip my hand over his arm. We descend the staircase and walk to his friend's house.

Unlike usual times that we walk through the roadways he does not tell me to look down because there's no one here. It is just us two and we are going down a different road than usual eventually come upon a large mansion twice the size of Semja's but half the size of the castle.

We go up to the doors and he knocks using a large knocker with the face of a grotesque goblin figure. The knocking sound resonates throughout the whole road and inside the mansion. After a second or two a woman comes to the door and opens it.

This woman is beautiful, average height and has piercing blue eyes. As soon as she sees Semja she breaks out into a wide smile, "Semja! It's great to see you, I'm glad you could make it," she motions us inside.

He lets me lead the way and I walked in first with him behind. She closes the door and he says "hey Ali I haven't seen you in a while now, how have you been?" She smiles kindly "I've been good, the baby is giving me a run for my money. It's a feisty little kicker," to this they both laugh and I take notice of her obvious pregnant stomach. "How have you been?" She asks leading us to the dining room.

"I've been good I recently purchased a new soul, her name is bliss," he motions to me. I found my head going down slightly and she parts her mouth and awe. "Ahh so this is the one that is a mystery? Only name and age known am I right?"

I'm surprised to hear her know about it. I understand that I'm a rarity but I didn't think that it was that rare, and to think that someone so high up would know about it. He gives a nod and a hum of an answer. We reach the dining room I'm assuming and walk in through the open door.

It looks very similar to Semja's lavish dining room. "Here take a seat you two," she motions to two chairs as she leaves the room. We sit right by each other, opposing the other two chairs on the other side. We both sit down and wait for a couple minutes before a man and Ali both come and sit in the chairs opposing us. "Ahh Luke its good to see you," Semja says happily.

______________________________________________________________________________

I hope you enjoyed Vote and comment!!