chapter 13

Hello beautiful, I am finally done high school and now in about a month I will be taking my first university class. have a great day
______________________________________________________________________________

Bliss POV

His office is beautiful. It's elaborate and all-consuming. I feel like I could get lost in the sight for hours and have fun. Beside his desk there's a little table with a seat in it, two large chairs in front of his desk and a comfy looking turning chair at the back of his desk. His desk seems to be made out of a dark red wood that is stained and polished to perfection.

He gestures to the little desk and says, "that's where you sit." I quickly go over to where he gestured and sit down in the little chair. It's not uncomfortable but not exactly comfortable either. It's made out of the hard flat wood with a wooden backing. It reminds me of a school chair and the table is a simple piece of wood with metal it's on four sides.

There's nothing on the desk which is kind of boring. I look back at Semja, he walks from the door to behind then finally to standing at the back of his desk then sits down in his chair. You can hear the leather of the chair squish under him and let out a puff of air.

It sounds so soft and comfortable. His desk is adorned with a lamp, name plate, and the couple pens he also has some decorative statues and what I assume is decorative books that are held together with two heavy looking stones. He looks at me and we stare at each other.

I can feel the electricity zapping between us as we say nothing. It's as if our eyes are speaking a hundred words but neither can decipher them. Eventually he says, "would you like something to do?" I give a curt nod of my head and he bends down to his drawers in his desk. H

e rummages around his top drawer and after a minute pulls out a pen. He then starts searching through his bottom right drawer it's a bit of a larger so it takes him a couple more seconds than it did the first time. He pulls out a long piece of paper that is in a language I don't know.

He passes them to my table. "These are the writings of profound demon history philosopher professor. I want you to copy them on this secondary page." He pulls out a page I didn't see before. "Most of his works were many many many thousands of years ago. His works have been mostly destroyed or are currently in the process of eating themselves. I will give you the copies that I have and I would like you to write them down perfectly, so that we may preserves what knowledge of his we have."

I didn't know that demons had philosophers and historians. I figured that most demons were old enough to know what happened generations before. But what do I know I'm just a human who's lost her memory. I listen to him speaking while taking the papers he hands me. One of them is very frail and on a very thin piece of paper that feels if I press too hard it will disintegrate in my fingers. The other piece of paper is thicker and more modern, probably from the human world. It's blank, with no lines.

I haven't written since I've been in hell and I don't know how well my skill is. Is it good? Will it be illegible? The pen is an old style with a red tick liquid, I take off the cap and I press it down to the paper trying to copy down the first symbol.

The liquid goes down very nicely and sinks into the page beautifully turning into a brighter red. I'm not used to the characters that I'm writing but I try my best to write them how I see them taking my time on each one. After a couple minutes of copying them down I look back over to him.

He's concentrating hard on some papers on his desk flipping them over one by one and comparing them. He doesn't even notice me staring. I watch him intently Amazed by his grace Ace. After a couple minutes I think he realizes I've stopped working and pauses to look at me. I quickly look back down and my own work and pretend to keep working like I hadn't stopped.

This is how it went over for the next 4 hours. I copied and when I finished I asked for more or something else to do he constantly gave me the same task. He is always looking over his work and comparing them sometimes he even makes a grunting noise. Sometimes he would call someone on a cell phone, he would have a conversation in a dialect I don't know and in a language I don't know.

He sighs, "time for a break." I leisurely stretch my arms and back. My bottom is a little sore from sitting on such a hard wood for so long. He gets his comfy chair and takes the two steps towards me towering over my seated position. He reaches out an arm without saying anything and I take it.

He motions for me to stand up and once I'm standing he holds my hand and walks down to a wall but it is not a wall but a secret door. The door is past a bookcase that opens when he opens a certain book. It is such an interesting mechanism. Semja had to take a book off its shelf and then flip to a particular page and tapped it twice.

Then the door slid open after he put the book back. He grabs my hand and made me follow except this time it was not hasty while walking so he wasn't dragging me along. His feathers sometimes brushed against my skin so lightly and gently it makes me shiver. We went down a corridor and then down a set of small winding stairs.

When we finally reached another door he passed by it continuing down the more passages, so confusing I'm sure I would not remember my way back. We passed several doors many core doors that are only big enough for one person. They're all lit with fire candles on the ceiling.

The ceiling is a bit higher then Semja which is saying something because he is very tall. When we finally get to the last door, it is a bright emerald green and it's made out of polished marble looking material. He opens the door and I see a dimly lit room with small green lanterns all around the small room.

The room has many flowers and plants and a couple trees that are so beautiful it takes my breath away for a moment. He looks back at me for the first time since we started going down all the paths and stairs. His face looks soft and happy and he smiles at me. "This is my peaceful place," he says.

______________________________________________________________________________

I hope you enjoyed Vote and comment!!