61

I jolted awake, tail thrashing.

"I'm okay." I mumbled running my hands through my hair. "I'm okay."

Groaning I got out of the bed. Maybe Dad is back...

I closed my eyes and vapor traveled out into the hallway, you know past the armed guards that have orders to detain us if we try to leave our rooms?

Fun.

But after that I was free and clear, quickly...which how did I actually do this, finding my dad's room.

What gave it away?

Just a feeling... nothing the armed royal guard asleep at his station has to do with.

Which why my immortal father actually needs highly trained guards to defend him, I have no idea.

But I just lightly knocked on the door.

Please be back please be back. Please-

The door opened and I was greeted with a harsh glare that quickly softened as he realized that it was me.

"Percy? What are you doing here princess?"

I raised an eyebrow and gestured to my tail.

He frowned and snapped his fingers, my legs instantly returning.

"Thanks Dad." I looked away from him.

He helped me with the tail thing...I shouldn't bother him with the nightmare.

"I'm gonna go...but seriously thanks." I forced a smile and turned to go.

He grabbed ahold of my arm, turning me around. "What else is there?"

I didn't respond...I didn't even meet his eyes. I just stood there, gaze drilling into the floor.

He sighed. "Come on."

Dad pulled me into his room and had me sit on his bed. After closing the door he sighed. "Percy..."

I kicked my feet, still avoiding looking at him.

He tilted my chin up and...I don't think he liked what he saw.

"My child...what happened?"

"I should have done something." I whispered, not breaking his gaze.

"You still blame yourself don't you? It was not your fault. It-"

"I made choices that got them killed!" I snapped at him.

Then I realized what I did.

"Sorry." I mumbled looking away.

Dad sat down next to me and slowly eased me into a hug. "It's okay. It's okay princess." He ran his fingers through my hair, as I kept muttering apologies.

To him. To Nico. To Bruce. To Luke...To everyone.

"Sh... You don't need to be sorry." He slowly pulled me onto his lap.

Why is he being so dam careful with me?

"Listen to me princess. You need to stop blaming yourself." He mumbled.

"Why should I?" I chuckled. "Why should I deny the fact that I got them all killed?"

Dad tensed and grabbed my arms. "Because you didn't kill any of them."

I didn't even bother concealing my wince as I pulled away, his grip tightening enough to hurt me.

But...I did. Hazel.

Leo.

Jason.

Frank.

Piper.

Annabeth.

I killed them all.

Dad looked at me, a...I don't know how to describe it but... horrified look in his eye.

"Show me your arms."

And...I did.

He was silent for a good minute, staring at the lines.

Then he grimaced. "I...I hate this. If you were purely mortal...I could take away knives and razors. But if I take away your sword..."

He shook his head. "That might end up being worse."

I pulled down my sleeves and stood up. "I'm going to go back home. See you later."

The water around me hardened, preventing me from moving, then I was shoved back onto the bed.

"This is your home Percy. I've told you, you always have a place here." Dad wrapped his arms around me. "Stay here with me. I'll come up with something to tell them."

I turned and rested my head against his chest.

"Just for tonight." Mumbling, I wrapped my arms around him.

"I can deal with that." He chuckled and laid back, before moving me so we were face to face.

"What?" I questioned.

"I just have something I want you to do."

Typical.

"And?"

He sighed. "All I ask...is that you show them to Kaldur'ahm. I may not like that you are dating, you're my little girl...but of all the people you could have fallen in love with, I'm glad it was him. I have no doubt that he'll treat you like how your mother deserved to be treated."

I groaned and rolled over. "I don't want to tell him."

What if he gets mad at me? What if he...hits me?

I know he said he wouldn't...but...Hades said always get a Stygian Oath.

"Princess, if you don't tell him...I will." I could feel my dad shift, probably sitting up.

"I- I'm trying to convince him I'm okay. I can't do that if he finds out."

Dad lightly placed a hand on my arm. "You don't like it when the people you love are hurting...yet you cause them pain."

My answer to that wasn't what he was expecting...or probably hoping for, for that matter.

"If I cause them pain...then they shouldn't care about me. It would make it easier for me."

I think you're smart enough to realize what I mean.

Dad rolled me over. "Just tell him. Please. How he reacts...you can decide where to go from there."

I sighed. "Fine. I'll tell him when I get the chance."

"Good." He pressed a kiss to my forehead. "Now get some sleep."

I nodded and wrapped an arm around him, nuzzling his shirt.

"I love you Percy. Remember that."

"Okay...love you too. Night."

"Goodnight princess."

Okay.

So I would like to get something out of the way.

My updates are gonna be....on a very sporadic schedule.

School started and my schedule is as follows

1. English 11E
2. Study hall
3. American Government
4. Novel Writing (yay)
5A. Anatomy
5B. Anatomy
5C. Lunch
6. Chemistry E
7. Chemistry E
8. Algebra II

And...

No phones. At all.

We used to be allowed to have them at lunch. Which is when I'd type.

Erg!!!

And...

I have a match tomorrow

So

See yah