28

Kaldur

I shot up, breathing heavy.

"Kaldur! Are you alright my son?" My king placed a hand on my shoulder.

"I couldn't- They- Percy- She- Why?"

"Kaldur, calm down. You are rambling." He said gently.

I opened my mouth to try to speak again. But a sob made its way out instead.

My king gently rubbed my back. "Sh. You are safe. Everybody is safe. It wasn't real."

I took several deep breaths.

Okay. So it was a dream then?

Why would...

Psimon.

Now I remember.

"How did we get back here?"

"When we didn't hear from you, I tracked you using the coms." Bruce said, looking down at Dick.

"Why am I the only one awake?"

"You're not." Bluejay spoke. "I've been awake. I was just waiting so they could fuss over somebody else first."

She sat up and then stood. "I'm going to go change then head home. I need to go eat like a tub of ice cream after that." Bluejay immediately walked off.

"Does it seem like she is hiding something or is it just me?" Wonder Woman questioned.

I shook my head. "After what happened, I would not blame her."

"What did happen?" Canary asked.

"I would rather not talk about it."  I stood up, not reacting as my king wrapped an arm around my shoulder pulling me against him.

"Kaldur..."

I shook my head.

Now...why are the others not awake yet?

Why is it only me and Bluejay?

"I believe the other's are simply asleep. Their mental activity is now that of being asleep." Manhunter said. "They may...who was the last one to die?"

"It was...me."

My king's grip on me tightened.

Bluejay walked out in her civies. "I'm outta here. I'll come tomorrow. Probably. I might sleep."

"Bluejay B0-9" The Zeta Tube called out before she disappeared.

Then everybody sat up. "Good. She's gone."

"Now will you please tell me why you wanted me to lie?" Manhunter looked at his niece.

"She didn't want to be in the mind link. We think...we think that she might be in league with Psimon."

"M'gann, are you okay? You seem awfully unshaken."

They had a silent conversation. During that time I shifted my gaze to Dick who had rushed at his parental figure, clinging onto him like a baby bat.

Bruce sighed before picking him up, Dick buried his face in his neck.

Artemis was staring at them and Green Arrow placed a hand on her shoulder.

Connor sat, sullen and glaring at the floor.

Bruce glared at Superman.

Who simply shrugged.

Honestly.

"My king, may I go visit Percy?"

"You want to make sure she's okay?"

I nodded.

"Go ahead."

"Thank you my king." I saluted him before walking to the locker room, taking a quick shower and changing.

And finally walking over to the Zeta Tube.

"Aqualad B0-2."

I soon reappeared in Bruce's basement.

"Hello Alfred." I greeted.

"Hello Master Kaldur. It is a pleasure to see you again."

"The pleasure is mine. Do you happen to know where Percy is?"

"I would check her room first. I never know where she may be."

"Thank you Alfred."

Minutes later I was outside of her door. I knocked lightly and waited for a response.

When I didn't get one, I slowly opened her door. "Percy?"

She was laying on her bed, eyes closed.

She's asleep.

I slipped off my sandals and climbed onto her bed, wrapping my arms around her waist and nuzzling my head into her neck.

She tensed up and sat up slightly.

"Kaldur?" She asked sleepily.

"Yes. Yes it's me." I mumbled, pulling her closer to me.

"Hey, what's the matter?" She questioned, somehow now wide awake.

"Noth-"

"Kaldur, don't lie. Please." She pulled away from me before piling her pillows up by the headboard and leaning back on them.

But I moved her and wrapped myself around her protectively.

"I am not gonna let you get hurt." I mumbled. "I am not gonna let anything happen to you."

A few tears fell from my eyes. What happened in that...that nightmare, I will never let that happen.

"Hey, sh look at me. I can keep myself safe. You don't have to worry about me." She placed her hands on the sides of my face.

"I want to worry though."

She died protecting me and Dick.

I'm pretty sure that's a good reason to worry.

"What happened?"

"We...we were on a mission. And then the man put us in a dreamworld. Percy, I watched them all die, except Bluejay. But you died. Protecting us. Protecting Dick. Protecting me."

She sighed and gently kissed me, then she stared me in the eyes. "I love you."

I could barely hear her as she began to sing softly.

I recognized the song. I'm pretty sure my mother used to sing it to me.

I wonder how Percy knows it? Is it instinctual?

Or did her mother know it?

Or perhaps her father...?

I yawned and nestled closer to my girlfriend, who simply continued her quiet melody.

And I reached down and pulled a blanket over the two of us.

Percy yawned this time and rested her head under my chin.

"Who is my sleepy princess?" I smiled slightly, kissing the top of her head.

"I hate you." She mumbled. " And I," She yawned again. "Told you to not call me that."

"What do you suggest I call you?"

"Anything other than that." She said softly.

"Do you mind if I stay here tonight?"

"Not at all."

Then her breathing evened out and she relaxed against me.

I gently stroked her hair, it's so soft and she kinda smells like the sea.

"I love you." I mumbled. "So much."

Okay guys Imma go to bed.

Cause you know what GOOD MORNING IT'S 12:05 AM

And I'm dead tired.

And so, have a question before I go.

What could Kaldur call Percy?

So see yah