48

"Freedom!" I smiled and fell onto my bed.

One whole week of school.

And I wonder if it's too late to go to camp year round?

"Don't get too happy." Dick leaned in the doorway.

"Why not?"

"We have a gala thing every year the first weekend after school starts up. I'm pretty sure Bruce already got you a dress."

I groaned. "Not a dress."

He chuckled. "Yeah. Have fun."

Dick left without another word.

Sighing I pulled up my sleeves.

If people see... they'll start saying that I want attention. And calling me a cutter and all sorts of other names.

Not like some aren't true...but still.

My phone buzzed.

Are you available to come over?

Where to?

Actually...I will be by. I will ask Bruce if you may come.

Okay.

I sat the phone back down.

I might want to get changed. Knowing Orin, they didn't leave the city right away.

Say what you will about him, but he is willing to help out other heroes without being asked.

Might not do it a lot. But he does.

And to be honest, having me in the city probably doesn't help.

So yeah. I got changed, into clothes that are Hades a lot more comfortable than that uniform.

"Percy." Bruce knocked on the door, before opening it.

Of course I had shut it. I'm not stupid.

"Yeah?"

"Kaldur asked me if you could spend the night at Arthur's house tonight."

"Please?"

He sighed. "I don't know. I host an annual back to school gala tomorrow and..."

Wow. Real original with the name.

"Pwease?"

He stared at me for a second. "Okay. But only because they are coming. And ground rules-"

"Bruce!" I glared at him. "This is Kaldur we are talking about here. Not Wally."

He raised his hands in surrender. "Fine. But still-"

"Bye Bruce, gonna get packed." I pretty much pushed him out of the room. And you know slammed the door in his face, locking it.

I don't need him to do some sort of dad talk.

I'm pretty sure my dad has that covered.

And will for the rest of my life.

Anyway...I packed pajamas, a change of clothes, some ambrosia and nectar, just in case, and that's about it.

Well besides a toothbrush and a pillow.

I grabbed my bag and headed downstairs...where it appears Bruce just gave Kaldur the dad talk.

Which come on dude. He's spent the night so many times.

"Ready to go?" Orin looked at me.

I nodded. "Let's get out of here before Kaldur dies from embarrassment."