58

I sighed and laid my head on the table.

They brought me to the Cave so they could question me. Woo.

So mainly I'm just sitting here while Diana and Orin try to convince Bruce that I shouldn't be detained.

And that me keeping this from him doesn't make me evil.

The door opened and I looked up to see Dinah walk in before taking the seat across from me.

"I'm Black Canary and you are?"

"Perseus Psyche Jackson. I'm the daughter of Sally Jackson and Poseidon." I answered, trying to answer three questions in one answer.

"So your mother was Bruce Wayne's sister? Care to tell me about her?"

I sighed. "Brown hair, blue eyes. Kindest, prettiest smile ever. She was patient, never really yelled at me...she worked at Sweet on America and always brought home blue candy. She made the best blue cookies and blue pancakes. She did what she had to in order to protect me."

"Like what?"

I didn't respond, choosing to instead wring my hands together.

"Percy, what did she do to protect you?"

I looked up at her and met her eyes. "Please...please don't make me talk about it."

"Did she hurt you?"

I quickly shook my head. "No. Mom was awesome. My dad called her a queen among mortals...which is true. She was the best thing to happen me. I got the mother who was happy with me...not like my friend's dad..."

I chuckled softly. But that ended up turning to crying.

"He hated her. He didn't want her. He didn't want a daughter of Athena. So he married this woman had two kids with her...and Annabeth got the worse treatment. If she had a nightmare she was told to suck it up cause she was scaring the boys."

"Percy..."

"You know, I finally got her to go back home. Finally convinced her to give him a chance. She did. And eventually he saved us and they were a family again. But..." I shook my head.

I took that away from him.

"Percy, what happened to your step-father, Gabriel?"

I bit my lip, nails digging into my arms.

"What happened to him?" She repeated.

I just shook my head staring at the table.

Then I heard the door open.

"I'm sorry Kelp Head. I tried." Diana walked over her lasso out.

My eyes went wide and I shot up, knocking the chair over. "No."

"Percy...I don't want to do this either. I don't have a choice."

"Neither did we." I mumbled backing away, my back soon pressed against the wall.

"Just give me your hand. You know it doesn't hurt."

I sighed and extended my hand to her. I don't have much of a choice right now.

If I run... They'll just come after me.

Diana loosely wrapped the lasso around my wrist.

"What happened to your step-father?"

The lasso glowed and I immediately responded. "My mom killed him."

My cousin flinched back and stared at me.