75

"Try this one." Triton handed me a dress bag before sitting on my bed.

Hanging it up on the closet door, I unzipped it and took the bag off.

Without really even looking at it, I slipped into it. I don't want to get any idea of what I think it should look like.

I could feel Dad mess with the hooks on the back before zipping it.

"I don't like it. It's a lot poofier than I thought it would be." Triton spoke.

"Shush. Let Percy decide."

When I turned and looked in the mirror, I saw what he meant.

"I have to agree with Triton. It didn't seem this poofy."

"Onto dress number two." Dad undid the back and helped me out of it.

"Where did you even get these?" I gestured to the fifteen dresses. Yes, I counted.

"I bought them." Dad said hanging up the dress I just took off.

"Dad!"

"Not hearing it Percy. Money isn't an issue and besides the family of the bride is supposed to finance the wedding."

He paused for a brief second. "I had Athena make these, I didn't tell her why but she's smart enough to have figured it out."

I groaned. "So basically I have to pick one of these or get cursed. Thanks Dad."

He handed me a different dress. I put it on but I stared at him.

"She won't hurt you. Now let me zip this."

I did, catching a glance of myself in the mirror.

"This one." I turned around, straining my neck to see.

"You sure Percy? There's like a ton more to try on." Triton pointed to the obvious row.

"This one's pretty and it fits me really nice."

The white fabric is hugging my body until it fans out at the hem, pooling around my feet.

I moved my hand to straighten the material and my eyes widened.

Does it...?

It does.

It has pockets!

"I figured you would pick that one. Actually Athena only made four. Said if I wanted anymore I'd have to to a dress store. Most of the bags are empty."

"What would you have done if I didn't like any of those four?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Go get some. You have to remember the two of us," he gestured to himself and Triton, "Aren't all here. We're spread out. Easy enough to do stuff like this."

Okay...

Wait. If they exist in multiple places at once dies that mean the gods are all simultaneously controlling different bodies?

Are they having like twenty different thought processes going on at a time or something?

"Besides, that dress seems like something you would like." Triton spoke. "And you look pretty in it."

"Thanks, now help me get out of it."

Dad sighed and did what I asked. After being freed from the torture device I'm going to wear, I walked to my closet and pulled out some clothes.

"Will you please stop stealing my clothes?" My brother groaned.

"Nope. They're comfy."

"You have a fiancé you can steal stuff from."

"Yeah but Kaldur wears turtlenecks and I don't like them."

"Then steal his jacket!" Triton threw his hands in the air. "Or a tee shirt or something. Just stop stealing my hoodies!"

"Percy, we still need to figure out what to do for the cake." Dad sat on the dresser.

"Can't we do that later?" I whined, jumping onto the bed next to Triton.

"We could...but you're the one who doesn't want my sister to know. Not that I blame you."

Sighing, I leaned against Triton who wrapped an arm around me.

"I still have to work out a guest list too."

"Can't you let Kaldur do some of this?" Dad questioned.

"I could but he's...in a difficult situation right now and I need to work out which of the demigods want to come, plus how much risk..."

Finally. All those years are finally creating some sort of caution.

Only took about ten years.

Dad sighed and put the dress back in the bag before waving his hand, causing the others to disappear.

"I'm going to go put this in my room, just in case Kaldur stays here. Less chance of seeing it there." Then he dissolved away into a mist, water filling the room as he left.

Triton sighed as his legs turned to tails. "This feels soooo much better."

"You could have said something. I don't even know why he did that."

"Neither do I honestly... Cuddle with me."

"What are you five?"

Triton laid down before pulling me to him. "No but you're still my baby sister and I'm already losing you."

"You're not los-"

"I don't need the whole 'I still will love you and Dad and we're family and blah blah blah.' No. I'm saying, you're already twenty-two. An adult. I won't die and you will. It won't be long before I have to watch you die."

"It won't seem like that to you, it's a lifetime away for you. But for me, a hundred years doesn't really matter. As long as people still believe, as long as there's still ocean, I'll still be here."

He pressed his face into my shoulder.

I wrapped my arms around him, not knowing how to respond.

"I'm not ready to lose you." His voice wavered and I'm pretty sure he's crying.

I swallowed, pulling him closer.

How...

How do I respond to that?

MERRY CHRISTMAS

IT'S
11:57 AS I TYPE THIS

UMM

I NEED SLEEP

SEE YAH