TWENTY EIGHT

proofread by vedlcrz
2nd proofread by _JEONJIMIN_

Jimin called for an Uber after he made sure that Taehyung hasn't woken up yet. He decided to go to the penthouse Jungkook gave him today and Taehyung can't know that.

He'll never tell Taehyung, and anyone about that house. Only Yoongi, Hoseok and Jungkook himself know.

It's his safe place. Whenever he's stressed, he will go there, stay in the room Jungkook designed for their baby for hours and go back to Taehyung after he's relieved.

Around twenty minutes, he arrived. He scanned his access card inside the elevator and it brought him to the highest floor of the building.

Second door is his unit.

Password. It's their anniversary and Jimin never had a thought to change it although it's his.

He entered and switched the lights on. He placed his coat on the stool in front of the kitchen counter, then he went into his room.

There's a big photo of him and Jungkook inside the room, hanging on the wall above their bed. They took the photo a day after Jimin accepted him as his boyfriend and the smile Jungkook flashed in the photo doesn't look fake at all. He wished what he felt and thought was right.

He then lightened up the aromatic candle that is Jungkook's favourite scent and layed on the bed. He turned off his phone when he saw the light on his screen indicating an incoming call and he knows it's from Taehyung.

Jimin closed his eyes, he needed a nap.

His eyes shot open and pulled his body to sitting position when he heard the sound of the entrance door open and footsteps.

Jimin hid behind the door since he didn't have anything to protect himself around him as the door was suddenly opened. Someone entered his room.

"Jimin?"

Jimin's eyes widened when he heard Jungkook's voice. He was expecting to meet him here, so he slowly walked out from behind the door and exited the room.

Jungkook noticed him and quickly grabbed him by his wrist. "You're here." He said, still couldn't believe his own eyes.

"Yes, I'm here. Did you stalk me? How did you know that I'm here?" Jimin said, and he sounded mad. And both of them know he is not.

"I'm not, I'm here to clean up a bit, see, dust everywhere." He pointed at the wall around them and the furniture. Jimin couldn't reply and just rolled his eyes annoyed. He knows Jungkook is stalking him. "Then I saw your coat. Anyway, what are you doing here Jimin?"

Jimin turned his gaze to Jungkook. "This is my home, I can come here anytime I want."

Jungkook smiled at the word 'my home'. "Yes it is, I'm sorry for asking."

Jimin looked at Jungkook for the last time and walked towards the nursery room. "Don't come in here!" He said before closing the door.

*

Jungkook is stubborn and it didn't stop him. But he does understand Jimin, so he gave him some time alone in the room. He took the vacuum and cleaned up the dust on the furniture and the walls. Jungkook never paid anyone to clean Jimin's unit, because he hates anyone coming into the unit.

After he was done, he placed the vacuum back into the storage room and walked to the nursery room. He slowly opened the door slightly and peeked at Jimin.

Jimin was staring at the photo on the wall. It's a photo scan of fetus Bubble. Jungkook felt a ping of regret in his heart. He entered the room and walked slowly to Jimin. He debated internally whether he should back hug him or not but he really wants to comfort him. So he just stood behind Jimin.

"You're so stubborn Jeon Jungkook. I told you not to come in." Jimin scolded him. He turned around facing Jungkook.

"I'm also stubbornly in love with you."

"I know." Jimin said, half whispered. "You're a bastard. You made me fall in love with you and hurt me, then left. And when you came back, you made me fall in love with you again. I hate you!"

Jimin's eyes got teary as he lowered his head to stare at the floor and Jungkook was shocked with what Jimin just confessed.

"I feel guilty to Bubble for wanting to keep you by my side." Jimin said, half sobbing, Jungkook pulled him into his embrace and it made Jimin burst into tears on his chest.

*

"I hurted you so much. When you decided to go to Taehyung that night, I thought I should give up and move on. But I couldn't, you always came into my dreams and it made me miss you day by day. I'm selfish for wanting you when you appeared back in my life. I can't let you go." Jungkook said after they silently made their way to the living room and sat on the couch. "I'm begging you Jimin, for another chance, I will do everything to make us right, I will do anything to make you the happiest person in the world." He scooted his body close to Jimin and grabbed Jimin's tiny hands and moved it to his lips. Jimin stared at his action with an unreadable expression.

Jungkook flinched when Jimin's free hand suddenly moved to his cheek and caressed it. He swiped at the tears on the rim of his eyes. "If I want you to leave everything behind? Your reputation, money - mother, will you do that for me?"

Jungkook nodded. "Anything, I'll let go everything I have, I don't care anymore. I - I just want you Park Jimin."

Jimin gave him a small smile and stood up. He moved in front of Jungkook who looked confused and sat still on the couch. Jimin then extended his hand to Jungkook.

Jungkook took his hand and Jimin led them back to the nursery room. They were standing in front of the fetus photo of Bubble again.

"Your apologies cannot bring Bubble back to us." Jimin started. "So stop saying you are sorry, because I can't forgive you and your family for killing my baby."

"Jimin -"

"But I want to be with you." Jimin cut his words. "I want to see your effort and make me forgive you, show me that you have changed and regrets what happened between us. Love me, and only me, you can love no one more than me, not even your mother."

Jungkook gave him a small smile and pulled him for a hug. "Okay, I will do whatever you want Jimin. Thank you."

"Don't ever let your mother come close to me."

"Okay, I will."

"Jungkook."

"Hm." Jungkook tightened his arms around Jimin's waist and buried his face in Jimin's neck. Jimin could feel his hot breath and tears falling on his skin.

"I lied. I never hated you."

Jungkook chuckled. "I know. I love you too."