TWENTY FIVE

proofread by vedlcrz
2nd proofread by _JEONJIMIN_

"No, I can't accept this." Yuju said as she threw Jimin's resignation letter to the trash. "The reason is Jungkook, right? You should be more professional Jimin."

"I'm sorry. I really feel uncomfortable working here."

Yuju asked him to go back to his work station and rethink his decision. After Jimin left, Yuju called Jungkook and told him what just happened and Jungkook already expected that.

"What should we do now then, Jungkook? I can't find a replacement now, I'm going back to Japan this evening."

Jungkook sighed on the other line. "I will try to talk to him."

"I will talk to him."

*

Jimin was shocked that Jungkook suddenly appeared in front of his apartment. Luckily, Taehyung is already out to meet his girlfriend. If not, Jungkook's handsome face might get bruised from his best friend's punches.

"I bought your favorite ice cream."

"What are you doing here Mr. Jeon?"

"You're stressed right now, so I guessed you need this." Jungkook said with a smile, like he doesn't know what's in Jimin's mind. "Don't you want to invite me in? Ice cream gonna melt if we keep staying here"

Jimin sighed and scooted a bit to let him in, he knows he shouldn't but —

Jungkook opened the fridge and placed the ice cream in, when he turned around, he saw Jimin standing at the doorway, staring at him, his eyes tearing. "Jimin, what's wrong?" He said worriedly as he walked towards Jimin. Jimin wiped his eyes using his sleeve and turned his head from Jungkook's gaze.

"I'm sorry. I made you uncomfortable right? I will go, I'm sorry, I will go." Jungkook said. He slowly walked towards the door but suddenly Jimin grabbed his wrist. Jimin burst into tears. He pulled Jimin into his embrace and let him cry out his frustration.

"I'm sorry." Jungkook repeatedly said as he tightened his hold on Jimin's waist and caressed Jimin's soft hair to calm him down.

*

Both of them sat in the living room, awkwardly silent, no words would come out from their mouths.

"I'm sorry—" Jimin suddenly started. "For suddenly crying."

"It's fine. You're okay now?" Jimin nodded, he can't say that he was triggered when he saw Jungkook inside his kitchen, just like their past. When Jungkook looked at him worriedly, he almost forgot what Jungkook and his family had done to him.

"Park Jimin!" Taehyung's voice shocked both of them and brought Jimin back from his thoughts. "Why did you let this bastard in?!"

Taehyung walked towards Jungkook who already stood up and before they could process anything, Taehyung's fist already touched Jungkook's cheek.

"This is what you deserve Mr. Jeon and get out!" Taehyung yelled. Namjoon who just arrived was shocked to find his boss on the floor as his brother yelled at him and Jimin stood there frozen, eyes widened while looking at Jungkook.

Jungkook didn't move and it made Taehyung furious. He wants to pull Jungkook up but Jimin stopped him by hugging Jungkook. "Taehyung, stop, please." Jimin murmured against the skin of Jungkook's as he buried his face on Jungkook's neck.

"Jimin!" Taehyung disappointedly called his best friend. Looking at how Jimin tightly held Jungkook really hurt his feelings. He and Namjoon were the ones who were with Jimin when Jungkook hurt him, he saw his friend broken and helped Jimin to be happy again. But whenever Jungkook appeared, Jimin without hesitation would choose him. "Let's go. Please, he will hurt you again."

*

Both of them moved to Jimin's room and he helped Jungkook tend his bruise with a warm towel. "I'm sorry for what happened just now. My brother has a bit of temper when he's stressed." Namjoon said, while standing beside the bed, watching them.

"It's okay, thank you, Mr. Kim."

"But, can I know why you're here, Mr. J and why Taehyung is mad at you?" Namjoon asked. He didn't mean to pry with his boss' personal life but since it involved his brother (and Jimin), he needed to know.

"I'm here to plead Jimin to stay in our company. He gave a resignation letter this morning." He said as he moved his gaze to Jimin who's busy massaging his cheek with the warm towel. "If you feel uncomfortable that I'm here, I will go back to Japan and let Yuju stay and settle everything here."

Namjoon doesn't understand why his boss needed to do that just for Jimin to stay but he also couldn't ask.

"And I hurt something that's  precious to Taehyung, that is precious to myself too. So, I deserved this." Jungkook chuckled as he touched his bruised cheek.

But it's hurting Jimin to watch him like this.