TWENTY FOUR

proofread by vedlcrz
2nd proofread by _JEONJIMIN_

Jimin is staring at Jungkook who's looking at something through the space of his office blinds. He couldn't process what just happened, why he's in his boss' office with his ex-boyfriend.

He was too deep in his thoughts that he didn't realize Jungkook was already standing in front of him.

"I'm sorry, I didn't want us to meet like this." Jungkook said, rubbing the back of his neck. Jungkook extended his hand to Jimin to lead him to his desk.

"You're tricking me again." Jimin pulled his hand from Jungkook's grasp. "No wonder I feel weird about this company."

"Jimin, please —"

"What do you want from me Mr. Jeon? Can you guys leave me alone?" Jimin said, almost yelling, his eyes already brimming with tears.

He had a mixed feeling, he was confused and mad when he realized he's been tricked again but he also wants to run into Jungkook's arms and tell him how much he missed him.

Jungkook walked close to him as he pulled out his handkerchief and passed it to Jimin to wipe his tears. "Come, sit first."

"No." He said firmly as he stepped back slowly to the door.

"Jimin, please. My mother is here and I don't want her to see you." Jungkook quickly explained to stop him.

And that does stop Jimin from exiting his office.

*

They sat on the couch silently, Jungkook was with his phone, texted Yoongi to handle his mother's presence in his office.

They could hear Jiyeon's voice yelling to the staff for not letting her enter her son's office and it made Jimin feel guilty for his office mates.

"Why are you here Mr. Jeon?" Jimin suddenly asked.

Jungkook changed his posture, and placed his phone on the table across them. "Why do you ask when you know the answer, Jimin?"

"I want to hear this from you."

Jungkook scooted closer to Jimin. "I'm here because we're going to launch new apps by next month, but I received a report that they got a problem and needed me to solve it." He explained.

Well, that wasn't what Jimin expected.

"And I want to fix us." Jimin lifted his head and their eyes locked. "Give me another chance, let me gain your trust again, let me love you."

"I —"

"I know you're hurt so much, it's all my fault but Jimin please." He extended his hand and pulled Jimin's hand. "I want you."

"I can't." Jimin said and pulled his hand from Jungkook. "I can't forgive you." Jimin stood up.

"You know how much you and your family hurt me? I lost Bubble, my baby,  but you didn't even ask me what happened. Instead, you trusted your mother's stories. You accused me of killing my baby when you knew how much I loved them."

Jungkook couldn't say anything as he broke down in tears together with Jimin.

"I hate you. Very much Jeon Jungkook."

Both of them know it's a lie.

*

"He what?!" Taehyung almost choked on his food when Jimin suddenly mentioned his ex's name.

"Jeon Jungkook is Mr. J, and he's my boss."

"Oh my god, what do they want this time. Can't they leave you alone?!"

Jimin sighed. "I want to resign."

"I agree. This is the best for you. I don't want you to stress and get hurt again." Taehyung said.