NINETEEN

Proofread by vedlcrz
2nd proofread by _JEONJIMIN_

Taehyung was surprised when Jimin suddenly appeared standing in front of his apartment with luggage after almost four months of missing without any contact. "Can you accept your housemate back?"

Taehyung pulled his best friend into his unit with the luggage before closing the door without asking anything. Jimin is so paler and skinnier than the last time he remembered, he knows something not right happened to his best friend.

But he didn't ask Jimin anything.

Until they sat at the dining table having their simple dinner. Jimin told him everything that happened to him, that he lost bubble because of stress and decided to break up with Jungkook.

"Jimin, why didn't you contact me? You shouldn't have gone through this alone." He said, changing his seat beside Jimin and hugged him.

"I wanted to, but I didn't have my phone with me." He said between his sobs on his best friend's shoulder.

"It's okay, everything is fine now. I will make sure they will never touch or hurt you again."

*

Yoongi stole a glance at Jungkook who was staring blankly at his laptop screen. He knew his boss' mind was on something else, not in the ongoing meeting they were attending.

After two hours and some changes, the meeting was dismissed and all executives went back to their work stations but Jungkook still didn't move from his seat.

"You know, I'm not only your secretary but also your best friend. If you have any problems, you can share it with me, maybe I can help."

"It's okay Hyung, I'm fine."

"It's Jimin right?" Jungkook didn't reply. "You should move on Jungkook."

"Easy for you to say." Jungkook lifted his head to look at his secretary. "I still love him."

"If you really love him, you shouldn't have lied to him in the first place."

*

Jungkook placed a bouquet of roses in front of Jimin's apartment and hid behind the wall after ringing the doorbell.

He visited Jimin every night ever since he sent Jimin back to Taehyung. With hope, at least, that he can see the face he's missing.

But every time the door opened, he would be disappointed. It's Taehyung who's taking the roses and throwing them into the dustbin.

"I know you're here Mr. Jeon! Stop coming here, Jimin hates you." He yelled at the hallway. Luckily, their apartment was designed 2 units for each floor so he's not making their neighbors mad at him for yelling in the middle of the night.

It hurt Jungkook knowing the one he loves is hating him now.

But it's his fault anyway.

*

"I love you. But I can't trust you, I don't want us anymore." Jungkook couldn't get a nice sleep since Jimin left him and those words from Jimin kept on replaying in his mind. He sat up on his bed and took his phone out from the drawer and scrolled down his gallery that is full of his photos with Jimin. "I miss you so much and I'm sorry."

*

"Say graduation!" The photographer said and both Taehyung and Jimin followed. Both made some weird poses for the camera and their college friends started whining for their turn.

"Fine! Fine! You guys really have no patience." Taehyung said to his friends and stepped out from the photo booth with Jimin to the dining side.

"Congrats for being Cum Laude, Jimin." Mingyu said. "Here, a present from us." Yugyeom passed a small blue box to him.

"Thanks for coming guys." Jimin took the box and hugged them. He really didn't expect that they would take a leave just to come to his convocation day. "Anyway, this my best friend Taehyung."

"Hi." Taehyung said, showing his signature smile to them.

"And this Yugyeom and Mingyu."

"You guys are working with Jeon." Taehyung said, feeling suspicious at them.

"Tae, they're my friends. Don't worry."

*

Jungkook appeared at their apartment later that night - at his graduation party and he didn't want to make his other guests uncomfortable, so he invited him in. Taehyung was surprised and almost spitted out his drink when he saw Jungkook was following behind his best friend.

"Jimin, what is he doing here?!"

Jungkook ignored Taehyung's death glare and went into the kitchen and waited for the right moment to talk with Jimin.

But the one who came is Taehyung. "Get out!"

"I need to talk with Jimin." He said. Not wanting to give up.

"He hates you, he doesn't want to talk to you."

"Taehyung, enough." Jimin suddenly entered the kitchen and stopped their argument.

Taehyung huffed unsatisfied. He couldn't make Jungkook leave from his apartment, so he left them alone to talk.

"Jimin." Jungkook called, moving closer to his ex. "How're you?"

"Good."

For the first time, they felt awkward with each other. "Congrats on your graduation." Said Jungkook trying to have a small talk with Jimin.

"Thank you."

"Hmm, actually I'm here for this." He pulled a small box from his slack pocket.

Jimin took and opened it.

It's his ring that he left at Jungkook's parent's house. "I want you to keep this."

"But --"

"I'm going to Japan next week." Jungkook continued. "I need to focus on setting up a new company there and it might take two or three years." He continued although he knows Jimin doesn't care anymore. "And before I leave, I really want to let you know that I didn't lie when I said love you. And it will be forever."