Chapter Twelve (12)

Start from the beginning

“Your head okay Samantha?” Someone asked me. ‘Please don’t be him, please don’t be him’ I prayed as I turned around and it was Nathaniel. Thank god!

“Uh-Yeah its fine thanks. Um-congratulations. You two look good together.” I said as I felt a lump in my throat no Samantha you cannot cry now. Hell, why am I going to cry I said that I was going to move on and not love him anymore.

“Yeah, thanks for coming and supporting us.” He said as he scratched the back of his neck and leaned against the chair.

“No problem, I came to support my boss, I guess that’s what co-workers do.” I replied and looked at him he seemed taken aback by what I said and I do not know why.

“I thought you came because we are um- frie-co-workers. Yeah , co-workers.” He said as he seemed upset. I swear I thought I heard him begin to say friends. I think we are friends but honestly all we do is cry and fight as friends. Maybe because he loved me and I did too but that changed so I think we might be able to become friends.

“Well-um I will see you later Mr. Lee. I need to congratulate Krysten and your grandmother.” I put my head down and walked away from him and towards Krysten. Hunter was nowhere to be seen and thank god he was not there.

“Krysten.” I called her name and she turned around and faced me.

“Yeah?” She answered as she tried to adjust her dress and looked around the room. Maybe looking for Nathaniel, probably that is the reason.

“Congratulations you b-both look gr-eat together.” I said again with a lump in my throat what is wrong with me! I smiled at her and nodded my head.

“Thank you um...” she stopped not knowing my name.

“Samantha.” I answered simply and smiled at her as I walked away and saw Nathaniel’s grandma talking to Krysten’s mother.

“Mrs. Lee.” I called as she turned and faced me and had a small, half smile on her face.

“Hello Samantha, thank you for coming and supporting the two love birds! Don’t they look beautiful together?” She asked as she nodded her head and grinned.

“Of course they do, c-congratulations to the both of them!” I said with a smile.

She nodded her head and said: “By the way this is Krysten’s mother Mrs.Kortin.”

“Hello Ma’am it is nice meeting you. Again congratulations to the both of them.” She nodded her head in reply and looked at Mrs. Lee while smiling and looking back at me.

I excused myself and walked away from them and back to my table. I sat down by myself since everyone was now dancing including the two women that were sitting on my table. I needed to leave before it got late since it was now 8 and the sun has already set. I decided not to bother anyone since they are having fun and I don’t want to disturb them. I walked outside the building and wrapped my coat on me tighter since it was cold. I pulled out my phone to call a taxi and with my wonderful luck it was dead. I sighed as I sat at a nearby bench and looked up at the sky it was navy with bright stars shinning down. I closed my eyes taking in the cool breeze it was so relaxing. I felt a hand on my shoulder and it made me jump and scream. I quickly covered my mouth and looked at the person, it was a random girl.

“Sorry didn’t mean to scare you. I kept saying hello and stuff but you wouldn’t answer so I thought something happened to you. So, I decided to shake you see if you would wake up.” She said sincerely she was dressed up so she probably was one of the guests at the party.

“Uh it’s okay, I shouldn’t have dazed off like that in the middle of nowhere at night. So thank you! I said to her with a smile.

“Anytime, I am Mckayla Laurence, but you can call me Kayla.” She replied returning the smile as well.

“Nice to meet you Kayla, I am Samantha Fort but you can call me Sam.” I replied with a small laugh. She nodded her head as a reply and smiled.

“What are you doing out here it is cold and dark out?” She asked as she sat beside me and looked at me for a reply.

“Oh well I was going to go home but my phone died and I needed to call a taxi and I forgot about going inside to ask someone so I just sat down and got mesmerized with the beautiful sky.” I said all at once without catching my breath.

“Oh, you can use my phone if you like or I could give you a ride?” she asked me.

“May I use your phone please so I can call a cab and go home.”

“Sure!” She smiled and handed me her phone I dialed the number and told them the location and handed her phone back.

“Thank you so much Kayla!” I told her.

“Of course no need to thank me.” She replied nicely. I smiled at her and it became silence until the taxi pulled up.

“Thank you again McKayla, see you around.” I told her as I shook her hand.

 “No problem really, take care Sam. Arrive to your destination safely.” I nodded my head and entered the taxi and told the man the directions to my apartment. Thank god Hunter did not notice me today or it would have been a long night. While driving I noticed the driver going another direction than my apartment.

© Copyright 2014 Mouna E. All Rights Reserved.

Vote. Comment.Share!

Thank you!! (:

-Mouna!