47

-Everest-

The last time I was down in the basement I had found a man beaten and bloody, blood stained floors, and empty floor to ceiling steel cages...

But as I reached the bottom of the stairs now, I noticed that the same empty cages were no longer empty...Everyone held an individual family member of mine, with the exception of my sister in law and nephew.

Titus had his men shown the smallest mercy by allowing Nicole to share one of the cages with Richie who was clutching to his mother while he called to his daddy.

Of course the sad sight was heartbreaking.

These were fucking cages, I wouldn't even put an animal in these things...

But I had to save face and appear unfazed.

I knew this was only part of the reason Titus probably didn't want me down here...and if I was right I knew it'd only get worse from here.

When The sound of the basement door shutting filled the room, Titus stepped forward so he was front and center.

I was one step behind him to his right, Evan, Ash, and Vale a step back to his left...the three council members hunched together off to the far right of the room so that they could see everything...it gave them the ominous appearance of vultures planning an attack.

"We all know why we're here!" Titus growled. "But what I do not know, is what was the motive...what was to gain from abducting the Luna of the Northern Stone Pack?"

No one spoke.

I wanted to look at my husband I wanted to see what was going through his mind as he's usually very expressive with is emotions.

But I knew better than to so much as step forward without his requesting me to do so.

"If no one will talk...I have ways of making you talk." Titus said cooly. "Evan."

I watched as The normally laidback Evan stepped forward. His whole body seemed menacing now...his shoulders looked tight with anger or something, he reminded me of a boxer getting ready to fight as he stepped forward to Rich's cage.

I stood there as Evan pulled my brother from the confines of the cage, Rich held strong as he silently looked at my husband almost trying to match Titus' Alpha magnitude

Titus removed his jacket, casually tossed it onto the table next to me, he undid his cufflinks and took care in rolling up the long sleeves of his white dress shirt.

He stepped forward and didn't hesitate to punch my brother in the stomach.

Rich was doubled over, having the air knocked out of him, Titus took this opportunity to punch him square in the jaw.

I stood there and watched, unflinching as Audible hits and bones breaking could be heard mixed in with the sounds of my nephew Richie's cries for his dad.

No doubt Nicole was trying to cover his eyes but I wouldn't know for certain as I was unable to tear my eyes away from the scene in front of me.

__________

-TITUS-

I had been at this so long my fists had begun to grow numb.

"Get this piece of shit back in the cage.!" I growled low.

Evan stepped forward and pulled the bloodied and beaten Rich back. Once in his cage again I smiled at him.

Before I looked down at my hands. I extended my fingers before making tight fists once again, I could both feel my tendons stretching and my bones cracking.

"Shift!" I barked out angrily.

Rich panting heavily looked up at me before he obeyed.

"This should heal you up enough for round two."

__________

-Everest-

I watched as he turned, I caught a glimpse of his menacing smile....his eyes blacked out and his hair wild from the fight. Blood stained his stark white shirt and dripped from his fists...I didn't know if it was from his own injuries or if it was my brothers blood on his hands.

He was breathing heavy from the adrenaline of the moment.

As scary as he looked, a handsome smile was on fully display.

He was enjoying every minute of this.

The ruthless Alpha Graystone was coming through now more than ever.

"Give me the boy." He suggested nonchalantly now as Nicole began to cry harder than ever in between her desperate pleas.

My stepmother and father now cried out too. I noticed Vale even moved for the first time since coming down here but Ash quickly put his hand on his shoulder and shook his head silently telling him not to get involved.

Titus had said anyone opposing him would be his enemy. Clearly Ash and I didn't want this for Vale so I was thankful for Ash's quick actions and calm demeanor.

Titus must've always intended on using my nephew as bait, this must have been why he didn't want me down here, or why he asked me if I would agree to his decisions beforehand.

I can't say I agree with it, I accepted it was what had to be done though so I watched as Evan moved from Rich's cage and over to my sister in law's cage. She used her body to shield her son now as she screamed.

"NO!" Rich yelled, having shifted back. "Not My son." He cried, "Take me...He had nothing to do with it...I took Everest, I injected her to hide her wolf, I hid her on the outskirts of your pack where we knew your members were likely going to overlook...It was all me!"

Titus looked at me now before he spoke, "You said it was all you Rich..." He said before he broke his eye contact with me and turned to face my brother, "But it wasn't...not really, you see there's only a few people who know about my actual pack lands territory lines...all are my pack members except one person...an uninvited guest who overstayed his welcome and had to accompany on patrols one night while he was here."

Titus looked at my father now.

"What kind of a man just stands there and watches on as his own son is being tortured, as his grandson is about to be tortured...kidnaps his own daughter?!" Titus growled ferociously, he was beyond pissed.

He shook his head and a chuckled humorlessly. "Kill them both." He ordered.