44

Titus must have everyone out looking for me as there were no staff members outside to tend to the cars or open doors, not that I minded of course, it just seemed so odd having no one there waiting.

I let myself out of the car despite the young mans insistence and walked up the stairs, I opened up the front door and the whole house stilled.

Every pair of eyes within view were now looking right at me.

I suppose it must seem strange to have the Luna of the pack turn up missing only to have her just walk through the front door the next day.

"Everest."

I looked up and now saw a tear stained Lydia as she made her way to me.

"Mom." I said in a sound of relief.

She was wearing a mens flannel top and a pair of baggy sweats, she'd obviously been in her wolf form. She pulled me into a tight hug and cried. "I came right over when Titus called Victor...I-I just couldn't lose you too."

I hugged her back, "I'm fine mom...I'm okay."

She looked at me, her tired face stretched with a warm smile now.

"You called me Mom."

I smiled and nodded, "I guess I did."

After our small hello next came my father in law who teared up and hugged me, he couldn't stop thanking the moon goddess for our safe arrival and he rushed off after that to call Titus.

My heart hurt to know he wasn't here.

I knew he would have left to get me thinking I'd be somewhere in the South, but my wolf desperately pained for his nearness.

Next came Heidi and Evan, Heidi pulled me into a tight hug and she gave me a determined sorta look, "I knew you'd come back."

My mom joined Heidi and I on the sofa after that and Evan crouched down in front of me while Phyllis brought me some blankets and more food than was necessary.

"It's good to have our Luna back." He said with a small smile.

I nodded and looked at him and no one else, "will you please see to it that my brother is taken downstairs...I don't want anyone in or out of there other my you, myself or my husband."

"Yes Luna."

__________

-Titus-

"Hello?" I answered my cellphone with a sigh. I was exhausted having searched for Everest in what felt like the entire Southern region all afternoon. But I wouldn't stop until I knew she was safe and back with me.

"Titus my son, Everest is fine...she's here, she's and the babies are fine."

My father's words echoed through my head.

"Titus?...Titus my son are you still there, Oh son come home, your mate needs you."

His last four words made me snap out of my excited daze.

'Your Mate needs you.'

"I will be bringing the entire Kirkshaw family with me with the exception of Richard Junior...-"

"He is here...you Luna has him downstairs awaiting her orders."

I smiled. "That's my girl...I'll be on my way, it would probably be for the best if you could call forward the rest of the council, I have a feeling there's going to be a lot going on when I get there."