15

-Titus-

I stood there, I could feel the lingering effect her chaste kiss had left on my cheek, the sound of her heels walking away from me. When the sound of the bedroom door closing behind her hit my ears I knew I was alone.

My wolf whined.

Of course I had gotten so caught up in the moment that I had pushed her too far, she had asked me to let things be and I couldn't do that.

I sighed

'Mate'  he whined.

"I know" I replied, I let out a heavy sigh and knew I had to fix this. And never having really been in the dog house before (no pun intended) I didn't really have much of an idea as to where to start.

I made sure I was fully dressed once more, I had to make sure everything was in proper order, then I exited our bedroom. On the way down to my office I passed a couple of people and one man approached me.

Lord Graystone, your father has just arrived and wishes to speak with you in the library."

I made a face, I had just come down from the third floor, I thanked the man and made my way back up to the library.

I let myself in and he stood as I entered the room. "father." I greeted him.

"Titus my son, how have things been going in my absence?"

"As well as can be expected." I answered him. "We did have a few guests come to try and garner alliances, I'm still contemplating on most of them though."

"It's always good to extend our alliances."

I shrugged, "Yeah...you know, the Pruitt's dropped by amongst the Alpha's and Beta's seeking alliances."

"Oh?" He said, I watched as his face had a slight concern to it, "Are you alright son?"

I nodded, "I was fine with seeing them...but Lydia mentioned something that upset both Everest and I."

"Yes?"

"Lydia filled us in and explained that Everest and Maggie were in fact twins separated at birth...moon twins to be exact."

"Truly?" He asked with an excited smile now.

I nodded, "Did you know about this?"

At this his smile faltered, "No, I will admit that I had hoped the old folklore was true and that when I sent out your bridal application I had also attached a photo of our dearly departed Magnolia." He sighed, "Despite what you may think of me Titus I do love you, and watching you after Magnolia's death was like if I had not only lost my son's fiancée, a girl I had grown quite fond of might I add...but also my own son as you became a shell of the person you use to be."

I didn't know what to say and he only continued.

"I sent out the folders to every pack I could, hoping that they had a girl who resembled her, all I wanted was for you to see the girl and prayed to the Moon Goddess that whatever girl's likeness to Magnolia would make you happy and bring my son back to me." He sighed, "You have to understand my dear boy...I've already lost your mother, I couldn't lose you as well."

He shook his head, "I visited with what felt like every pack there was with this Alpha claiming they had a girl in their pack who favored her, all to which would fall short, Then came Everest, her father had insisted that like so many before him, his own daughter was Magnolia's exact replica, I had to go down for the presentation of his new Luna anyways and when I saw her...it took so much to not drop to my knees and start crying...there dancing with her father... it was like watching Magnolia there."