18

I sat in the car on the ride back home, looking down at my left hand, upon my ring finger now sat a reminder of a union forced upon me and a reminder of the future I chose to make.

"I love to see you smile." Titus said before taking my hand into his own.

"I've never smiled so much in my life." I admitted, "Do you know how happy you make me Titus?"

"Not nearly as much as you make me." He said, his own smile lighting up his dark eyes. "So I know you'll be leaving soon, but maybe when you get back we can start planning the wedding."

"Together?" I asked happily.

He nodded, "I would love to help in any way I can, unless you do not want me to then I will not mind also watching you orchestrate everything."

"Of course I would love if you worked with me on this, this day will be about us and our choices."

"Good." He sounded as he continued on toward the house, and once we finally arrived Titus asked the men to once more stand down as he moved to open the door for me, he did ask them to tend to the bags in the trunk though.

I went upstairs immediately to my office, I was excited to start getting all of my new items into his empty space.

But as I opened the door I was beautifully surprised by the most lavish bouquets of roses. I couldn't even walk into the office from the sheer amount, I was so in awe.

I felt as his warm embrace encompassed me before he placed a lovely kiss to my temple. "Do you like it my Love?"

I smiled and turned so that I could face him, I kissed him with small light pecks here and there all over his handsome face, saving his lips for last. But when my lips met his I was in heaven.

"I love them...you're too good to me."

He smiled, "not nearly as good as you deserve." He said before kissing me only once more.

Just then the men came up with my new purchases.

"You can just leave these things here, But will you each please take the bouquets and place them all over the house, in every room I visit I want to be reminded of my husband." I smiled back at him.

The men did as I asked and soon I was left with just one lovely arrangement of flowers. I walked over and took in their lovely fresh scent. Again, the smile on my face seemed never ending.

"Did you know, that roses happen to be my favorite flower since meeting you?" He said as he leaned against the doorway.

"And why is that?" I asked.

He stepped into the office, closed the door behind him and stepped in close to me as he took my waist into his hands and brought my body to his, "Because my lovely Everest they remind me of you, of our union, of our first mating, of your presenting, of your first shift as my Luna...the scent of a rose lingers in every beautiful memory I have of you, and each time you give yourself to me...your scent blossoms for me in a way I've never known...it's a new scent just for me, given to me by you...and that's why I wanted to give you these...and also once again apologize for being such a jackass yesterday."

I reached up and touched his now saddened face.

"No apologies necessary...I love you."

"I love you My Everest."

__________

"I suddenly don't want to go anymore." I admitted as my eyes began to prick with tears.

He sighed and took my face gently into his hands. "Don't be silly My Everest, your bags are in the car, you've been so excited to go for two weeks now..." He smiled before he pulled me into a tight hug and sighed. "Go and get to know your mother, Lydia is a very kind woman and I'm sure you will have a fun vacation if nothing else."

"Will you call me?" I asked almost pouty now.

I felt as his body shook with a light chuckle, "Every night, and I will also finally have the chance to text you as you so adamantly wanted."

"I don't like knowing I'm going to be away from you."

"I know." He sighed once again, "But this is good...healthy, plus this way you won't grow tired of me so soon into our relationship."

I finally looked up at him, "I could never get tired of you...exhausted after sex maybe...but never tired of your company."

"Don't make me rush you upstairs for one more pleasurable session with my wife." He smiled wickedly now.

As much as I wanted to give into him I knew I needed to get going. "It'd be rude to keep Heidi and the flight crew waiting as well as The Pruitt's."

He kissed my forehead and then held my hand as he walked me outside to the car, Bogart opened the door and Titus took my face into his hands once again, He kissed me only once, but the passion behind it was ever present.

"Be safe, and remember that I am only a phone call away...I will not hesitate to drop everything and come to you."

I nodded, "Try no to worry about me so much...focus on the pack as well as yourself, and I promise I will call you if I absolutely need you."

He kissed my forehead and finally helped me into the car and (Having done their goodbyes beforehand) Evan offered his hand to Heidi as he helped her into the car and Bogart closed the door, Titus shook his hand and the three of us set off.

"How are you feeling?" Heidi asked.

I took in a deep breath and let it out in a heavy sigh, "Worried, nervous, sad" I confessed. "I am also a little excited and curious...yes I'm worried about Titus being alone while I am away...but more so what if I get there and everyone in the pack hates me."

"Why would anyone possibly hate you Everest?" She asked with a delicate smile.

I looked at her with a sad seriousness, "Because I'm not her."