7

"Yeah...you know what, let's go somewhere." She suggested.

"Just tell me what you want to say."

She looked at me and her smile seemed to fill up her whole face.

"Fine...Your time with Titus has been limited, but anyone who looks at you two can tell you they see the way you two can hardly keep your hands to yourselves, the way you look for him in a room, or the way he often looks at you almost in awe and pride when you aren't looking, and that was all before he marked you...I can't begin to imagine how things will be now that you two are fully mated in every way."

"I feel like he's my mate," I confessed. "I don't know how...it's just a feeling, like, he might have been my Mate all along, well...everything just seems so easy and effortless." I confessed, "You don't know how bad I wanted to comfort him earlier, I still do to be honest...and my wolf is upset with me because we aren't with him right now."

She only smiled and I knew I had to get serious.

"Okay...how about we go where ever you were trying to go a minute ago?" I spoke up, "Is it private?"

She nodded her head, "My boyfriend has an apartment here in town, he's...at work so I know he won't mind."

"I didn't know you had a boyfriend." I smirked.

She nodded, "You met him earlier."

"Evan?!" I smiled wider..."I knew I picked up on something earlier."

She nodded once again, "We try and keep it pretty low key since we aren't mates and he's the Beta."

I felt bad, "why don't you two just come out as a couple...is it against the rules or something?"

'There's no rule, to my knowledge anyone can date anyone they want to, even get married and please don't think we're ashamed of one another...but we do resepct the fact that we are both unmated and know the very real chance that one day we may find our mates." She filled me in. "We aren't naive either so we know it's gonna suck if and when the time comes for us to break-up...but we're having fun right now."

"I'll bet." I teased.

She laughed and we continued to the car.

Bogart didn't say anything when Heidi gave him the address, only drove on. Once there I told Bogart he was free to leave if he wished, that I would call him if I needed him. He simply bowed his head and remained standing by the car.

I followed Heidi up the steps and she let us into a very nice apartment.

"Excuse the mess." She blushed, we had a lazy night in last night.

"Do you two live together?" I asked.

"Nah, I stay at the pack house with you...but I spend the night over here occasionally... anyways, you wanted to talk privately?"

I nodded, and took a seat on the sofa. "So I haven't told anyone this, there are a couple people who have the general idea but not all of the details...Titus included" I admitted. "When I met Caleb I was drawn to him for sure, he was handsome and charming and I do think the attraction for one another was there but he wasn't nearly as into me as I was into him...I pushed it off on the fact that he wasn't a Were."

I shrugged,"Given new information this morning...perhaps I he wasn't as into me because I wasn't his true mate?"

She let me go on as I told her all about our night together.

"I felt so guilty afterward, like genuinely disgusted with myself, I knew what I had just done was wrong...again I simply thought it was because I had practically thrown mysef at a guy, but I didn't see the harm while in the act because, well...i thought he was my mate."

I sighed and shook my head, "I wonder if deep down my wolf knew he wasn't our true mate...I saw him again after that night, he was with another girl and I just stood there, sure I was pissed but I shouldve shifted, I shouldn't have had the capability to stop myself from shifting...I should've fought for him instead of just giving up so easily."

"You didn't know any better." She offered gently. "If you could just talk with Titus I'm sure you can both get what's on your minds out in the open and you can help each other through this."

"I will talk to him." I agreed, "I just want him to be able to process everything, give him some space even for just a little while."

"Just promise me you won't do anything rash like run away." She sounded woried.

I shook my head, "I don't think I could leave even if He asked for a divorce...My wolf would be heartbroken but she wouldn't just let me leave."

We talked a while more and as the morning began to fade away we both knew it was time to go back to the house. Bogart was exactly where we had left him and we took off.

Once home one of the butlers opened the door and helped me out of the car. "Thank you."

Another Butler opened the front door for Heidi and I. "Can you please tell me where I might find my husband?" I asked him as eidi removed my coat and handed it to him.

"Lord Graystone has been away from the house all morning and has yet to return My Lady."

I nodded and smiled, of course I was concerned but I couldn't let them see that. "Thank you."

"We should get you in a shower before you catch a chill My Lady." Heidi sounded, "Plus you've got to get ready for dinner."

"Dinner?" I asked, "I kinda planned on eating in my private quarters."

She gave me a weak smile, "you might not have met with them yet but you have more than a few Alphas and Betas here that would take it as a slight against them personally if you just brushed them off entirely."

I understood. "Fine, I can get myself into the shower...I know I'm asking a lot of you but can you notify the kitchen and waiting staff of the upcoming dinner, they're going to hate me." I said looking at the time, it was noon and typically dinner is served around seven.

"We'll need fresh linens, our finest: china, silver and glass, and the most delicious food for the 7 Alphas and Betas, Luna Pruitt, myself, Beta Evan, yourself, and also a plate for both The Alpha Supreme and Titus." I said

She smiled, "It isn't too much, and the Alpha Supreme isn't here."

I smiled, "One less thing to worry about, We'll also have to notify the guest of dinner to be served at 7 tonight."

"Go, I can handle this." She assured me.

I rushed up to the second story and into my quarters before I started the shower, but instead I changed my mind...

I knew Titus wouldn't be out all night and he'd have to come home eventually, I filled the bath tub with hot water and rose hip oil, I wanted my entire body to smell exactly like my hair did the night of our mating.

I know he is conflicted with himself and as much as i'd like to be sympathetic but now more than ever I need him to see me, and more so... I wanted him to pick me.