22

After getting redressed I collected the samples and my purse.

I felt a little sad having to hang up with Titus, I knew he'd more than likely be on his way but I felt like it would be forever before I could see him again.

I made my way out to the front and found Lydia. "Everything okay?" She asked gently.

I nodded, "I don't really want to talk about it."

She didn't press me further.

"I'm kinda in a mood, do you think we can grab something here in town to eat before heading back?"

She nodded, grabbed her purse and leading me out into the busy street.

"What are you in the mood for Hun?"

I didn't even have to think about. "Italian."

She pointed out a very upscale place, "oh I'm not even dressed for this nice of a place."

Smiled, "my dear, you are THE Luna Graystone as well as MY daughter, no one is turning you away."

We walked right in and the Maitre D saw to us immediately, we asked for a table for two and he quickly called over a waiter who saw us to a table.

After looking over the menus I wanted so bad to order wine but instead I opted for water with a wedge of lemon on the side.

I couldn't decide on what exactly to order either. "Whatever the chef suggests, I really have no objections." I smiled at the waiter and Lydia asked for the same.

"What's wrong my sweet girl?"

I sighed, "I came down here to get to know about you, your family, your husband and your pack...but I haven't had much time here, and Titus is on his way...no doubt I will be leaving soon."

"I'm sorry to hear that."

"Please don't take offense...turns out you were right...I am pregnant, and Titus is coming down both out of excitement and so that we can announce it together."

She beamed, "but you've just told me."

I shrugged, "a girls allowed to tell her mom first right?"

She cried a little and wiped at her eyes with the cloth napkin.

I shook my head but helped myself to a bread stick.

"I'm so happy for you, and Titus he must be so..."

"Over the Moon, and then throw in the fact that it's twins."

She could hardly contain herself as the waiter brought out the drinks.

We talked a bit more, she talked about her pregnancies and I found myself so wrapped up in the conversation.

"Ashton's birth was the worst for me...I was new to it all and didn't know what to expect and the times were different, plus my mom was super old school so babies out of wedlock was something she wasn't thrilled about so I couldn't exactly turn to her for advice."

The waiter brought the food, "the chef has prepared for you both a specialty of Linguine all'aragosta o all'astice, we hope that you enjoy."

It was Linguine with lobster and as I dug in, it was delicious.

"Ugh this would be so good with white wine right now." I pouted jealously as she took a teasing sip of her own (Gewürztraminer).

"My dearest you can have wine in moderation." She said as she held out her glass to me.

I refused though, "thank you, but I know my husband well enough to know he would not look too kindly on any form of alcohol consumption even if a doctor says it's alright."

She smiled, "You are lucky to have found your mate...being pregnant with your mates baby is the best feeling in the world...that's not to say that I didn't love Ashton your sister or yourself any less...but your father wasn't exactly a great partner...now Victor..." She sighed and smiled almost dreamily. "He doted on me, pampered me, loved me unconditionally...being pregnant the third time around with him as my partner was everything wonderful, and I'm glad to know that you will have that with your husband."

"I'm sorry that my father is an asshole."

She shrugged, "that may be so but I don't regret for one second my time with him as he gave me you and your brother and sister, and while I may not have been with you and Ashton every day it didn't mean I loved you any less than I love Magnolia or Nicholas."

I knew she genuinely meant the words as once again she was dabbing at her eyes with her napkin.

"I wish you could meet Ash."

She smiled, "Ash...you know he's named after my father...so it's no surprise your father wouldn't call him Ashton-Jameson."

"Ashton Jameson Kirkshaw...that's a nice name." I said as suddenly I wanted to only think about baby names.

"Jameson is my maiden name...and I'd love to meet him as well."

I smiled, "he's stubborn to be honest."

"I understand how he could hold a grudge against me."

I dropped the topic and we talked about various things before we wrapped up our lunch. Afterward we paid I called Bogart for a ride and he came immediately alongside Bryan.

They got us back to the Pruitt residence and Lydia and I exited the car.

"I have to ask you not to discuss today's events until My husband and I have gotten the chance to say anything."

She nodded respectfully and made her way inside but I lingered outside a moment longer as I needed to call Ash.

"Thank you Bogart that will be all for today.

He nodded but remained by the car so I walked over to the open field by the Pruitt's house. I found a bench near a tree and pulled out my phone, luckily Phyllis had transfered over all of my contacts when she gave me this new phone.

I found Ash's name and called it.

"Evie? He answered "What's wrong?"

My heart swelled upon hearing my old nickname...only he and Vale every called me Evie.

"Hey Ash, just calling to check on you...nothing is wrong I promise."

"Well...you haven't called me since before you got hitched kid, how are you...how's life up north?"

I laughed "I'm actually calling you for a huge, huge, huge favor...one that requires you to not say anything to anybody...except maybe Flora because she is your mate but even she can't tell anyone anything."

"Evie..." he sighed. "What kind of shit are you getting yourself into?"

"It's not bad, I swear...I just want to meet up with you, I'm actually here in the south."

"What, where are you at?" He asked.

"The Southern Stone pack..."

"The Southern Stone Pack...What're the Alpha and Luna doing down south visiting their sister pack?" He was growing more curious.

'sister.'

The word alone had made me a little sad.

"I had a very urgent matter to attend to, Titus is back home, for now...but now I need you to come out here as well." I hadn't planned on telling him about our mother but I also couldn't just ambush him like that.

He was silent, I knew he was thinking about it.

"Evie you know I love you and I respect that you are Luna Graystone, but Flora is pregnant and shouldn't be traveling that much."

"As much as I would love to see my sister in law, you can come by yourself...Ash, I found our mom."

The phone went silent.