Forty

"I lost my spark, everything was so dark"

I woke up and held my chest, my heart's beating so fast.

That was a terrible dream. I took a sigh of relief, it was just a dream but what if it's true? I wonder how she is? I'm still alive but barely breathing

I got up and fixed myself. I'm the CEO of my own clothing company now here in Korea. I have so many responsibilities, don't really have time to break down.

I entered my office and what do you expect? Day by day, I have to face this pile of paperworks.

"Miss Manoban, someone's looking for you." My secretary peeked inside my office and she's smiling.

"I'm not expecting visitors today. Tell them I'm busy." I said and continue doing my work.

"Too busy for us?" I looked up and saw my two unnies.

"Unniieeeeees!" I hugged them. I saw how they froze and looked at me.

"You look like you've seen a ghost." I said

"Well, apparently you look like a ghost. You look pale, are you starving yourself, woman?" Jennie raised her eyebrow.

"You're the CEO of this known company and yet you can't afford to buy yourself a food, Lisa?" She continued to scold me like a child

"Well, I really don't want to eat."

Eversince she left me, I made myself busy to the point where I don't have time think about things. I know that I'm losing more weight that I'm comfortable with. I've been feeling sick and frail, the people around me, out of compassion, pointed out how unwell I look. I know they're worried and it's wearing me down also.

"We'll have lunch together. You don't have any choice but to say yes." I just gave them a thumbs up. I don't have n energy to argue and really missed them too.

"Well, how's the married life?" I asked.

"Never better." Jisoo unnie looked at Jennie with a sweet smile

"Do you guys even fight? Everytime I see you, you look at each other with so much love."

Jisoo unnie answered "We do fight, that's one thing that you can't take away when you're in a relationship. Instead of fighting with each other, we both tend to solve the problem. That's how it works, don't attack the person, attack the problem with solution"

"And we don't really sleep knowing that there's conflict between us."

"You're lucky you have each other" I said.

"You have to bear in your mind that a perfect relationship is non-existent. It's not being happy all the time, that doesn't work that way. A true relationship is when you both have negative experiencs but you still stay positive." I looked down.

"You're still thinking about her?" Jisoo unnie came towards me and wrapped her arm around my shoulder.

"There's not a day that goes by that I don't think about her even if I drowned myself in these paperworks." I looked down, my tears began to well up but I have to fought it back. I don't have time for this.

"I’m a strong believer that whoever is meant to be in your life will always gravitate back to you, no matter how far they wander." Jennie looked at Jisoo unnie and they winked at each other. Weird.

"Go finish all that and we'll wait for you here." And they sat on the sofa in front of me.

1pm Tavolo 24 Restaurant