Twenty- Eight

"Trying to fix something
but you can't fix what you can't see
It's my soul that needs the surgery"

"Rosie"

That sweet voice sends shivers down my spine. How I long to hear her voice again. I looked behind me and there I saw the face that I've been wanting to see. She looks more matured, gone is her blond her. She looks different but in a good way. She's still the Lisa that I've loved before.

I wanted to hug her, to cry in her arms but I supressed myself in doing so. She looked at me and there seems to be longing in her eyes. I couldn't speak, I just stood there looking back at her.

"Hi! You look even more beautiful."

Maybe I should've took up a crash course in "What to do when you see your ex again 101" because my mind went blank seeing her in front of me. But what did she just say? I can't even remember the last time she complimented me. I smiled at her.

"Hello. It was nice to see you again, Lisa" It feels good calling her name again.

"Uhm. Can I sit beside you?" I nodded my head and she looks happy. She sat down and I can feel her staring at me, it was so awkward.

"Why are you here and How are you and Sorn?" I asked

"Sorn and I were friends. We're good now after what happened 2 years ago, she wanted to apologize for what she did before" What? All this time I thought they're still together.

"I just came here because you left something back in Korea"

"Huh? What is it?" I asked in curiosity and she handed me my sketchpad. I've been looking for it for a long time, I thought I misplaced it but it turns out it was in Lisa's hands.

"Here. I saw your drawings in there. I must say that you really love to draw me. They're really good." I felt my cheeks flushed. She's the only one who can give me this so much effect.

"Thanks but you came a long mile just for this?"

"No, There's one more important thing that you forgot to bring with you."

"What else could it be?" I asked in confusion.

"Me." And she flashed that killer smile.😳again, I was speechless. How would I answer that?

"Nice try, Lis!" I reciprocated her smile. The one I know that she's been missing. I saw her blushed, I missed that.

"I'm so happy to see you again, Rosie." She looked down

"The feeling is mutual, Lis but what happened to you? You look thinner and frail? I hate you just as much as I hate avocados for not taking care of yourself!" There were dark circles under her eyes and sadness is visible. I felt pity with the sight of her. I want to kiss her eyes and touch her face but it took a lot of self-control for me not to do it.

"I lost that one person who used to take care of me." Is she talking about Sorn? Why did I feel a sudden pang of pain?

"You should go back to Sorn, it's not too late, though." I managed to say even though it's against my will.

"It's funny how both of you said the same thing. But no, Rosie. She isn't the one that I need."