Twenty-Six

" A genuine repentance must bear the seal of a corrected life"

-Lewis Korns

I haven't told you but over the span of 2 years, I've been going to the Unnie's house trying my luck. There were times that I'd stay the whole day in my car waiting for Rosie but my luck wasn't on my side because there's still no hint of Rosie but that doesn't stop me. I would pack my lunch and dinner for me not to feel hungry while waiting for her. Even if it's snowing, I would still go here no matter how cold the climate is and no matter how slippery the road is. I don't care about the cold, I would bring blankets with me, particularly, Rosie's blanket and mine. I'm still hoping that one day, I would know as to where she is.

I was about to slip my letter to the mailbox when I heard someone spoke.

"You're still making letters for her? Too bad she won't be able to read that, She's not here."

"Jungkook"

"Yeah, it's me the one and only."

"Why are you here?" I asked.

"In case you don't know, I live there." He pointed out the house next to the unnie's house. I ignored him and sat on the bench. I'm still waiting for the two unnies.

"How are you, Lisa?" He asked.

"I'm not okay." There's no point in lying if I told him that I'm okay.

"Aren't you tired yet?" Why is he a curious cat?

"Nope. I will never be." There's a long awkward silence between us, he's the first one who broke the ice.

"You know, I can still remember what you told me when your cousin and I broke up." I just looked at him.

"That I was a pathetic excuse for a boyfriend and I couldn't even take care of the girl who loved me." I remember telling him that. I was speechless.

"Isn't it ironic that I could tell you the same thing right now? Aren't you a hypocrite, Lisa? You can't even take care of Rosie back then. You didn't even noticed how she was hurting, she endured a lot for you but then people have their limits and I'm sure she reached her breaking point that's why she left you."

"I already know that. I'm fully aware." That's all I managed to say. He has a point, karma really served me real good.

"But we're different. Far different from each other. I can see how determined you are in winning Rosie back. I can feel your remorse when she left you. We shared the same situation but the thing is, I didn't win Sana back. I became a coward and a prisoner of my "what ifs".

"I'm also a coward just like you. I have my own what ifs because I know I really hurt her but at the same time I really love Rosie. 2 years without her is like living in hell."

"I know. I'm a witness, Lisa. I saw your efforts. It's no joke coming here everyday and you've been writing her letters. Imagine 2 years? I can't do that but you did and I must say that I admire your spirit."

"Thank you." I don't have words to say.

"You're waiting for Jennie and Jisoo? They're on a vacation. They went out yesterday."

"They're still mad at me for what I did but that won't stop me for knowing where Rosie is."

"Believe me when I say that they are not. Like me, they saw how persitent you are. They do believe that you really love Rosie. It's just that they have to ignore you" That's a relief to know. I've been burdening myself because when I lost Rosie, I also lost my sisters too. But why do they have to ignore me if everything's okay then?

"Here." Jungkook handed me a paper.

"What's this?"

"Open it." I did what he said and there, I saw an address.

"Ballarto Rd. Cranbourne VIC 0211, Australia."

"Rosie's parents told me to gave their address to you. They know about your efforts. How you've been sending her letters and gifts. How you were celebrating her birthday with a cake and then you'll blow the candle at the end of the day. It's funny how I used to send them pictures of you waiting here for Rosie everyday. Man, I've been your paparazzi for years. On the other hand, Jisoo and Jennie were asked to do a favor and that is to ignore you, the truth is, they really miss you but they also believe that you have to suffer the consequences of you choices. You have to bear in mind that they just wanted to test how far can you endure for their daughter. And I think it's about time, Lisa. 2 years is enough to prove that you really love their daughter." I was dumbfounded by his revelation

"I really don't know how to say thank you but Thank you, Jungkook." I can't help but cry because of my happiness. He smiled at me and patted my head.

"Treat her right this time. Good luck in finding your way back home, Lisa." With that, he left me.