Twenty-Five

"No one can begin a new life, unless he repent of the old."

LISA'S POV

Sorn and I were currently in a small coffee shop. She wanted to talk to me and I decided to give it a go since it was really a long time when that incident happened. It's been 2 years and I'm still yearning for Rosie. I miss her love, her warmth and I miss her.

"Hello! Are you listening to me?" Sorn's waving her hands on my face.

"Huh? What is it?" I looked at her and she took a deep sigh.

"I knew there's something bothering you."

"I'm sorry, I'm spacing out" I looked away. She held my hand and I was surprised by her question.

"Do you still love her?" Do I have to answer that? But I chose not to say anything

"Answer it as truthfully as you can. Do you still love Rosie or do you love someone else now?"

"It's still her that I love so much and I won't get tired of loving her but she already gave up on me. I was stupid for causing her a lot of pain when all she ever did was to love me. She doesn't deserve me, she deserves the best." I broke down.

"I'm sorry. I'm really sorry for kissing you that night. I was so drunk and I decided to come over to your house. I know you're slowly detaching yourself to me back then and I was afraid to lose you."

"To be honest, I didn't know what's gotten into me. I had this urge to know you more not knowing I'm deeply hurting someone. Someone that I really love. Day by day I can see her pain and I hate myself for hurting her. I  had to admit that I've lost control with myself and let myself fell for you. I don't really know if it was love or am I just overwhelmed by the idea of you but either way, it made Rosie's heart broken."

"I'm sorry for ruining your relationship. I had to admit that I really love you that's why I did what I have to do to get you. I was selfish and egocentric that I disregard Rosie's feelings, I chose to follow my desires rather than reciprocating her kindness to me. She's been nothing but good to me."

"It's all my fault, Sorn. I let this happen. I hurt the woman who did nothing but love me more than herself. I took her for granted and now she left me." I can't help but sob. I don't care if people were looking at me in this coffee shop. I blame myself for being a fucked up person.

"I don't know why you chose to hurt her when in fact you're lucky to  have someone who loves you. I know that you still love Rosie and I'm saying all of these because my conscience is consuming me for doing whatever to get you and you ended up falling for my trap. I'm sorry, Lisa"

"I really am stupid." I can't say anything because I know it's all my fault. There's nothing to blame but myself.

"You really are. Rosie was head over heels for you. I remember when she went into my apartment and she was crying her heart out. She was begging me not to take you away from her because you are her everything but I took no notice of her weeping. I told her that I just did, that I took you away already. I was expecting her to slap me or pull my hair but she didn't. She just ran away crying. I can tell you, She really is an altruistic person yet we destroyed her."

"S-she did that?" I didn't expect Rosie to go that mile. It goes to show that her love for me is bigger than her ego to the extent that she had to beg Sorn. She doesn't deserve me, I became a monster who unknowingly tried to kill her emotionally.

"It's no use crying over spilled milk. It happened, Lisa but it's not too late. Win her back. Make it right this time."

"What if she doesn't want to? What will I do?"

"Stupid. You hurt her, Lisa. Of course you have to expect her scorn. If she told you that she doesn't want you, then you have to accept her decision. But don't give up the same way that she hold onto you for too long."

"I will. I miss her so much. I miss my wife"

"She's worth fighting for, Lisa. Don't make the same mistake twice. Don't hurt her again." There were so many thoughts running through my mind, mostly "what ifs"

"Eversince she left you, you're not yourself. It's like you've become a physical representation of a hangover. Look at you, you look horrible. Fix yourself, Lisa. You wouldn't want Rosie to see you like that"

"It's nothing compared to what she's been through. I deserve all of these, Sorn. I still don't know where she is, she deactivated all her accounts, there's no way I can reach out to her, she really shut down her world and it was all because of me. I'm really losing my hope"

"It may sound too mainstream but people said that miracles do happen when you're in the verge of giving up." I do hope so. Sorn looked at her watch and turned to me

"Lisa, I have to go, Marc's waiting for me." Yep, she already found her right one. I'm so glad that Sorn is happy with her life right now.

"Say Hi to Marc for me! And Thank you for your advices."

"I will! And say sorry to Rosie for me. I wish you both  a genuine happiness." She waved me goodbye and for the first time, I felt peace within myself.