Four💔

"At the end of the day, we can endure much more than we think we can."

-Frida Kahlo

"GOOD MORNING CHAEYOUNG. YAHOOOOOOO" Jisoo Unnie said on top of her lungs. I didn't move.

"Hey! Get up. We have to perform later. I'll wait for you downstairs, okay?" You slapped my forehead and went out of my room

"Ughhh! Good Morning you old bag!" I said

"Hey! I heard that, Meanie!"

I'm always grateful for Jisoo unnie's presence even though we always love to bicker, she never gets tired of me. She always understands me like a big sister that she is. At least I have someone whom I can lean on. She's my foundation and well Lisa is my pillar.

I had a good morning remembering that Lisa and I had fun yesterday. I wonder what could go wrong today.

I brushed my teeth, fixed my hair and went downstairs.

Well, I regretted it instantly. It's like life slapped me with the harsh reality saying "this could go wrong. This is what you're waiting for. So here it is, bitch. Enjoy"

What a sight! I thought to myself

What a sight! I thought to myself. Jisoo unnie and I exchanged glances and she looked at me with concern in her eyes.

I half-smiled.

"Good morning, love birds" I managed to say and I saw you blushed.

"Good morning, Chae. Excuse you, we're not love birds. Come sit here and let's eat." Jennie Unnie said and looked at Jisoo Unnie. How can you hate her? She's like an angel.

"Thanks, Unnie" I proceed to my seat and I saw you pulling out the chair for Jennie unnie. You sat beside her and Jisoo unnie sat beside me.

"This is the best pancake I've ever tasted! This is so good. Can I have another one?" Lisa said

"Sure, I made 10 pancakes for you and Chae because you two love to eat. I'm glad you liked it."

"We do, Jennie. Thank you for this and may I add that you look beautiful with your bareface" Lisa said and she hugged Jennie. I saw how happy she is.

I felt Jisoo unnie's hand squeezed mine and I looked at her.

"Don't look" you whispered clear enough for me to understand.

I was silent for the whole period. Jennie Unnie asked me if there's something wrong with the pancakes that she made because I seemed to not like it. I shot a glance at Lisa and she's waiting for my answer.

"No, Unnie. These pancakes are perfect and delicious😍I just feel worried about our performance later." I can't think of any excuse so that's what I blurted out.

I excused myself and made my way to my room. I took a bath, put on make up and curled my hair.

I decided to play a music and I was in the mood for emotional songs. So I went with broken-hearted girl and sang my heart out while putting my things on my bag.

You're everything I thought you never were
And nothing like I thought you could have been
But still you live inside of me,
So tell me how is that?

You're the only one I wish I could forget
The only one I love to not forgive
And though you break my heart,
You're the only one

And though there are times when I hate you
'Cause I can't erase
The times that you hurt me and put tears on my face
And even now, while I hate you,
It pains me to say
I know I'll be there at the end of the day.

Even if it hurts, I'll stay by your side.

I was in the middle of my thoughts when I heard you clapped.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Oh sorry to interrupt your free show but is it wrong to intrude in your room now? Since when? I didn't get the memo."

"I'm not in the mood for this now, Lisa."

"I can see that. Why is that so? You suddenly became quiet a while ago."

"Are you deaf? Haven't I told you earlier that I'm fine."

"Then why are you acting like that?"

"Like what?"

"Jealous"

Jealous. Yes, I'm so damn jealous. As if you can do anything about it.

"I'm not, Lisa. Where did you get that idea?"

"I know you, Chaeng. I told you I happen to know everything about you."

Everything? I smiled bitterly. Do you know that I love you?

I didn't respond but you back hugged me. Dang, it felt so good.

I fought back my tears, I don't want her to see me this low.

I turned to face you and cupped your face. You looked at me in my eyes as if you're staring into my soul, I can't stand it so I looked away.

"I'm okay, Lis. Nothing to worry about. Can we go now?"

I was about to walk outside when you pulled me

"You're still my bestfriend, Chae. Please don't distant yourself from me." And you wrapped me with your warm embrace.

That hurts. Why do you have to emphasize it.

But I found myself responding to you.

"I will. As long as you want me to."